Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 141
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Then why get ready with hardware so early if it takes month for the software to even get close.
    Because optimization can only happen once hardware is finalized and locked. There is no point in optimizing software if you are not sure the components are even going to be in the final product.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Uh, no...his store is #1 in their region....doubt any other store will get it before them and they're not going to have it until the remodel is done end of June. I don't post on what I SUSPECT. My son knows more than the average BB employee and I'll leave it at that.
    I am not trying to be rude, but I worked at "number 1 in the region" when I was in high school and it means squat. If your son is a regional management, especially as a buyer, I would say that he knows a lot more than any of us, or if he is close friends with the regional buyer. Listen, every single one of us here on this forum knows more than the average BB employee.

    And I still maintain that there is absolutely no guarantee that BB is going to be the first retailer to get this. If I had to pick one nationwide chain, of course I would guess BB would be first. But I have no inside info. Another chain (like Wal-Mart) might actually believe in the product, and have negotiated to get it first. Likely? No. But not altogether impossible.

    Something that is more likely possible is that, since they are clearly selling this to enterprise first, perhaps direct sales come before retail. Everything about this device screams that they are shooting for the business market first and foremost. So in that case, it makes sense that their direct sales network would be first. Who knows? A few people on the inside at HP, and that's it. That's my main point here. We simply can't know the answer, unless we are on the inside at HP.

    If anyone is, feel free to chime in at any time.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  3. #83  
    I will have to bug my local Walmart.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've talked to insiders who have played with the touchpad and who know someone who works at HPalm.
    What is HPalm?
  5. #85  
    Who catches bugs on their toes anyway?.....Seriously. rotf
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    What is HPalm?
    The nickname everyone has given Palm since HP bought them out. Some of us still can't call Palm HP.. it's too sad..
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've talked to insiders who have played with the touchpad and who know someone who works at HPalm. I've been told the new Facebook app is so buggy, that over 100 tickets were filed in a single day for it. Their software is not ready to go for a launch and I'm sure that is what they are frantically still working on..

    Note: those 100 tickets were filed by a single person.. :P
    Wait, 100 tickets, and they were all filed by a single person... You don't see anything about that that's a bit lacking in credibility?
  8. #88  
    Just went to my local walmart and they didn't have any tags or spots out for the TouchPad or the Vizio Tablet. :-\

    I wanted to ask but what do you know, no one was there to help me in the electronic department.
    Sprint Love
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wait, 100 tickets, and they were all filed by a single person... You don't see anything about that that's a bit lacking in credibility?
    No, I'm friends with a guy who's personally played with this HP employee's device many times and seen the new Facebook app himself. He said they had to file that many bugs on it after trying to use it for 1 solid day. I don't really care if anyone believes it or not, I know its 1st hand from an HP employee. You can bet they want this Facebook app on the device at launch. If it's that buggy last week, it's not shipping this weekend and I doubt next. Engadget is now reporting June 22nd.
  10. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    I am not trying to be rude, but I worked at "number 1 in the region" when I was in high school and it means squat. If your son is a regional management, especially as a buyer, I would say that he knows a lot more than any of us, or if he is close friends with the regional buyer. Listen, every single one of us here on this forum knows more than the average BB employee.

    And I still maintain that there is absolutely no guarantee that BB is going to be the first retailer to get this. If I had to pick one nationwide chain, of course I would guess BB would be first. But I have no inside info. Another chain (like Wal-Mart) might actually believe in the product, and have negotiated to get it first. Likely? No. But not altogether impossible.

    Something that is more likely possible is that, since they are clearly selling this to enterprise first, perhaps direct sales come before retail. Everything about this device screams that they are shooting for the business market first and foremost. So in that case, it makes sense that their direct sales network would be first. Who knows? A few people on the inside at HP, and that's it. That's my main point here. We simply can't know the answer, unless we are on the inside at HP.

    If anyone is, feel free to chime in at any time.

    This past Sunday I was in my local BB and there was an HP rep setting up the touchpad booth. I asked him when they were getting it in and he said early July for BB. He specifically said other retailers have an exclusive at launch and will get it before that. As always take this for whats it worth but I thought i would chime in.
  11. WOPR's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #92  
    ingram still does not have the hp part numbers in their DB. Synnex is their direct competitor
  12. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonepat11 View Post
    This past Sunday I was in my local BB and there was an HP rep setting up the touchpad booth. I asked him when they were getting it in and he said early July for BB. He specifically said other retailers have an exclusive at launch and will get it before that. As always take this for whats it worth but I thought i would chime in.
    Well, I hope he was right. I am getting itchy.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  13. jsabo's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wait, 100 tickets, and they were all filed by a single person... You don't see anything about that that's a bit lacking in credibility?
    Working in software development, not really.

    There comes a point in any development cycle when you tell QA to test against the spec, and to log EVERYTHING that's wrong. Even if it's something that you know you didn't get to yet, you still want it logged as a bug so you can have a single list of everything that's not up to spec, so you can make the decision about if you fix it or not.

    So some of those tickets could be dumb things, like the wrong graphic or color being on the page, or they could be serious things, like the device catching on fire if you post a specific string as your status update.

    For better or worse, you usually tell QA to pull out the stops when you think you're almost done, so this could indicate that they're close to the end.

    And you don't necessarily fix everything before a release, so this also doesn't necessarily mean that the app is weeks from getting released-- if the developer used the wrong background color, that could technically be 7 different bugs (wrong background on news, wrong background on photos, etc)-- but as long as readability isn't affected, and ALL the sections use the same background, they would just mark the bugs as "will not fix" and move on.
  14. #95  
    Just stopped at one of the Walmarts in my city of roughly 100K. The store had cleared two 4 foot (maybe 3 foot) sections. I checked the shelf labels and indeed there was the TouchPad 32GB - two labels actually. I looked below in the locked cases and of course didn't see any HP boxes.

    The interesting thing to me was that these empty shelf sections used to contain iPads and iPod accessories. =) Now I am sure they just moved them somewhere else but nevertheless I enjoyed it.
  15. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulliedog View Post
    Just stopped at one of the Walmarts in my city of roughly 100K. The store had cleared two 4 foot (maybe 3 foot) sections. I checked the shelf labels and indeed there was the TouchPad 32GB - two labels actually. I looked below in the locked cases and of course didn't see any HP boxes.

    The interesting thing to me was that these empty shelf sections used to contain iPads and iPod accessories. =) Now I am sure they just moved them somewhere else but nevertheless I enjoyed it.
    You know better than that. Pics or it didn't happen. I went to 2 Walmarts near me and saw no proof of the TouchPad Apocalypse. The cake is a lie.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    You know better than that. Pics or it didn't happen. I went to 2 Walmarts near me and saw no proof of the TouchPad Apocalypse. The cake is a lie.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Now I knew somebody would say that - believe it or not - and this really shouldn't be too hard to be believe, after work while waiting for the bus, I dropped my Pre- and smashed the power button in and jammed it somehow(?) and I couldn't even get it to power on. With the accelerated destruction of my Pre- I was not able to take a photo.

    Later at home I took it apart and now it works sort of - if I pull the plastic button off I can poke the internal switch with a small object to turn it on and off.

    Besides I prefer ice cream.
  17. #98  
    don't know if this has already been said, but my local Walmart employee said he will have them for sale on June 19th for $500. he said to come in early sunday because he only has a "few."

    I'm hyped!
  18. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by soleobjective View Post
    don't know if this has already been said, but my local Walmart employee said he will have them for sale on June 19th for $500. he said to come in early sunday because he only has a "few."

    I'm hyped!
    Please go back and video record these statements. There has been so much conjecture around the date. The walmart close to my house didnt even have the TouchPad in their system.

    EDIT: ALSO SUPER HYPED!
    Last edited by mikevember; 06/08/2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Hyped
  19. #100  
    @Spader,

    So did you threaten...ahem I mean, kindly ask your brother about it?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions