Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I would think they are display units as well. This is WalMart we're talking about here. Why on earth would they only stock 2 units of anything, unless it's just for display?
    They only need to stock 2 Mac Pro's, seeing as how they're so damn expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Odd......she was in such a great mood when I left.

hahahaha
    Quote of the day! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Just asked a girl at my local Walmart to scan the inventory tag to see if they had any touchpads and they have 2!!! Just tried to buy it and the Electronics manager stopped her.... Sad face.
    They have two? Is that it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    How many laptops of any variety do you think they keep in stock? More than 5? Most likely not, and tablets/phones are probably no different.

Walmart is a bargain store, they don't carry large stocks of high-priced, low-quantity-moving items. And by that I mean, not very many people go to Walmart to purchase high-cost electronics.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did this launch just like the Veer's, really. 2 per location at first makes sense in that situation.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    my prediction June - 12 th = available for preorder and display units go up in stores (pre-production models that don't have the final release (i.e. demo mode only).
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    You really don't know either of those things. You may suspect them, but you don't know.

Any way, just got back, talked to a pretty knowledgeable young guy in electronics, he said they expect to receive 2 sometime this week, but that he doesn't know when they will be allowed to actually sell them. Of course, this could mean an opportunity for an informed sweet talker to come away with one early. If he was right.

So any way, your son the sales person said one thing, another sales person said another. It is still all conjecture at this point.
    Uh, no...his store is #1 in their region....doubt any other store will get it before them and they're not going to have it until the remodel is done end of June. I don't post on what I SUSPECT. My son knows more than the average BB employee and I'll leave it at that.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

only two.... per store.... seems HP has a realistic target of sales...
    Hmmm... My brother working in electronics at a Wally World... Seems I'll be asking him for a favor later today.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Hmmm... My brother working in electronics at a Wally World... Seems I'll be asking him for a favor later today.

Have I ever mentioned that YOU are my favorite poster on the entire innerwebs?

No?...well, that is a terrible oversight on my part!

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you can pound, i mean convince, your brother into getting you one, that would be sick.
    Sprint Love
  12. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    appears Vizio will have a tablet (lower priced) in Wal-mart real soon as well . . . $100 difference is going to make the wallyworld shopper look at Vizio (w/ Android) I suspect ~
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    appears Vizio will have a tablet (lower priced) in Wal-mart real soon as well . . . $100 difference is going to make the wallyworld shopper look at Vizio (w/ Android) I suspect ~
    The Vizio Tablet is $350 at Wal-mart, the TouchPad is $600.
  14.    #54  
    Yeah, the Vizio tag is right next to the Touchpad tag. Also, the signage right above the tag behind what will be demo units is for the Kindle...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    I just don't know how they could be otherwise. No way they could go with such a soft launch. You have to figure that even if the display only holds one, they can't have only one other in stock. I used to work retail, and we always had at least three or four of everything at launch.

They could be going for displays for a week, then releasing it after that hype gets up - distributing literature, commercials, launch event, etc... However, seems like an odd way of doing it. But I still don't believe these are sale units. I do hope I'm wrong though, but I'd wait to hear if any other chains get some in stock. Could just be the lack of confidence in Wal-Mart sales.
    i agree. but one thing i just realized is if they were display units, why didnt the manager that told the guy who tried to buy them that they were for display purposes only instead of just saying were not allowed to sell them yet.

errr.... maybe they did? i guess thats a question for the OP.

OP, did the person say why they couldent sell it to you?
  16.    #56  
    She said she was not allowed to sell products prior to street date. I did not ask the street date. Also, since display models are DNI (do not inventory) products, there is no way these were display.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    they are the demo units
  18.    #58  
    Walmart Demos are DNI which means they aren't counted in the same way as regular stock.

thanks for clearing that up pogeypre, i didnt know that.
    I'm betting that they are still working on the final version of the software, a newer version of webOS than is currently on those boxed shipping TouchPads. They most likely have a huge paper inside the box or taped to TouchPad screen saying, "Please update before first use" and are frantically still trying to complete this version of webOS before announcing date and putting shipments on shelves.. just my guess..
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast