Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    ya ya.. i know. another "HP rep said" email. but just read.


    Hi,



    I am compiling a list of customers to call for the Touchpad on launch date. If you would like to be one of the first to have the Touchpad, please respond to this email with your best contact number and how many Touchpads you would be interested in purchasing.



    Have a great day,

    *********
    Small and Medium Business
    Inside Sales Representative
    Hewlett-Packard Company




    not too much further.
  2. #2  
    Sweet find.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  3.    #3  
    i'm currently exchanging emails to see if i can pull any info out of her. i asked even a day week or month time frame. will report anything interesting. lol.
  4. #4  
    yeah, I got one of those a few days ago. I responded: "tell me the pricepoint on the 16 gig and I can make a decision." Haven't heard back.. =)
  5.    #5  
    ok, check this out. this sounds VERY promising. i'm sure she isnt allowed to say anything but read this convo.

    Her: Thank you for your reply Jon. You are now added on my list.

    Me: thanks so much. is there ANYTHING you can tell me about a release date? anything? how many weeks? a month? days? lol

    Her: Other than it is coming soon this summer, not really. I would make sure you have enough credit available on your credit card.


    ----------------------------

    this sounds sooner than july to me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Her: Other than it is coming soon this summer, not really. I would make sure you have enough credit available on your credit card.


    ----------------------------

    this sounds sooner than july to me.
    Meh, I think she is just worried about your overall financial well-being.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  7. dec
    dec is offline
    dec's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #7  
    is she an outside rep? if so, ask her if you can share or email addy . . . I'll send her mine and get in on her salesmanship reach and give her my business. Most likely will by 3 with all the accoutrement .
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    is she an outside rep? if so, ask her if you can share or email addy . . . I'll send her mine and get in on her salesmanship reach and give her my business. Most likely will by 3 with all the accoutrement .
    i'll ask if i can gve you her email address. and i believe she is an inside rep? she emailed and called me a few weeks ago and she noted that she is my dedicated rep.

    edit: pm me your email address and i'll send it to her.
  9.    #9  
    btw, she did state that she does not know exact release dates. and even if she did she would not be allowed to leak such information and to "wait for the big announcement from HP. "
  10. #10  
    HP is pushing this big with small and medium businesses which has me baffled there is no video out. using this to quickly present would be ideal. amazed they missed this. they were so caught up with the iPad v1 they had blinders on.
    Last edited by Midway99; 06/07/2011 at 06:48 PM.
  11. #11  
    I just keep thinking this is an HP release, not an Apple release.

    Apple's got the PT Barnum stuff down pat - dramatic announcement from their charismatic leader, media saturation, wooing tech mag reviewers. That's how you sell a retail product.

    HP (which by the way, also builds servers and other unsexy stuff) has a different approach. It's clear to me they are selling the ecosystem, and if anyone's their target it's RIM.

    So, they've been activating their channels and tossing free Veers and Touchpads to their back-end supporters. imho, we won't see a media blitz even approaching Apple from them for at least a few months.
  12.    #12  
    midway, i dont know what the ipad has anything to do with my post.

    blinktreo, i completely agree with you. i think too many people are expecting an Apple like product release which is clearly not how HP rolls. lol.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    midway, i dont know what the ipad has anything to do with my post.

    blinktreo, i completely agree with you. i think too many people are expecting an Apple like product release which is clearly not how HP rolls. lol.
    im afraid its not up to hp to pick and choose what they want to do.

    they don't mind priced the tab at the same price at apple's products.
    they don't mind make the product almost exactly same size (but thicker) as iPad
    the fact that tablet market is renews by iPad is already dictate that others will have to play apple's game.

    and now HP wants to do a launch without promotion?

    sorry, its not how HP want to roll with whatever product they made in the past 10 years.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    im afraid its not up to hp to pick and choose what they want to do.

    they don't mind priced the tab at the same price at apple's products.
    they don't mind make the product almost exactly same size (but thicker) as iPad
    the fact that tablet market is renews by iPad is already dictate that others will have to play apple's game.

    and now HP wants to do a launch without promotion?

    sorry, its not how HP want to roll with whatever product they made in the past 10 years.
    its not without promotion..... just not a huge explosive announcement. i fully expect HP to promote the hell out of this thing.

    also mind you that this is aimed at the buisness market more so than the consumer market. it wont have a launch like the ipad. and HP can launch products however they please, whether it is as succesful as they hope is the question.
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 06/08/2011 at 10:55 AM.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    midway, i dont know what the ipad has anything to do with my post.

    blinktreo, i completely agree with you. i think too many people are expecting an Apple like product release which is clearly not how HP rolls. lol.
    Thank you. Really, how many times do I need to say this is a First-Gen product? The original iPhone didn't have apps for a year, iPad is just now incorporating non-blocking notifications, you still can't hack your iPad/iRobot without a patch, etc.

    And Apple is all about rock-star roll-outs, because there are enough die-hard fans to cheer them while the tech mag reviewers are saying "yeah, that's kinda underwhelming, since X has been doing this for years".
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    HP is pushing this big with small and medium businesses which has me baffled there is no video out. using this to quickly present would be ideal. amazed they missed this. they were so caught up with the iPad v1 they had blinders on.
    Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Three things stand out for me though..

    1. In the distant past, HPalm was talking about enabling Touchstones with video out capabilities (though I've heard nothing about that in almost a year)
    2. If you've got a decent remote PC client, you could bypass talking to the projector with a shared collaboration session
    3. There is such a thing as a Wifi display.

    Stretching a bit, but I don't doubt HP has had some of their tech folks talking about this topic. We may not see it at release, but I'm sure somebody there has thought about how to output your TP display to a projecting device.
  17. #17  
    I wonder if you can get a discount if you use HP SMB site and talk to a sales rep. I did this with a HP Mini 5102 when it first came out last year. Ended up getting 20% discount on it.

Posting Permissions