Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I sent this email to an HP rep:

"Iím HIGHLY excited for the Touchpad, but I need to know when and where I can buy it as I will be using this for business and personal. Iíd really like to have it this weekend for a trip."

The reply:

"I can definitely sell it to you when the product is releasedÖ While I canít be specific, I would say that you should plan on making other arrangements this weekend. Sorry about that. Please contact me with any questions."

DANG IT! Heading to Chicago this weekend for 4 days and was hoping for the Touchpad...ehhh
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    doh!
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Maybe I should send a message stating... "I’m HIGHLY excited for the Touchpad, but I need to know when and where I can buy it as I will be using this for business and personal. I’d really like to have it NEXT weekend for a trip."

We can narrow this down people!!
    I had a theory that if it doesn't show up in store inventories or on their adset for Sunday (June 12, one of many expected dates and beginning of a new adset) that we won't see it. However, with all these new retail HP setups, it's coming soon. My guess would be on 6/20.
    I don't know much about supply chains but I wonder how long it takes once it's 'done' and shipped from China to get to all U.S. Stores.
    It'd have been nice to have it out in time for father's day. But I'm guessing June 20 as well. Only because of the image on HP's website.
    I wouldn't exactly call the 12th. Part of the weekend. Its a Sunday. By weekend you imply Friday or Saturday. Most people don't leave for a "weekend" trip on a Sunday :-p.

I've been saying it all along. Its just going to be a soft-press release launch just like everything else.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 06/07/2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call the 12th. Part of the weekend. Its a Sunday. By weekend you imply Friday or Saturday. Most people don't leave for a "weekend" trip on a Sunday :-p.
    that statement is just ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    that statement is just ridiculous.
    I was reachin ok, im trying to keep the morale.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    we should know by the end of this week hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    Maybe I should send a message stating... "Iím HIGHLY excited for the Touchpad, but I need to know when and where I can buy it as I will be using this for business and personal. Iíd really like to have it NEXT weekend for a trip."

We can narrow this down people!!
    Count me in for third weekend
    I personally think that HP is ready to ship, but they are waiting for everything to be in place before doing so. That means stores properly set up and prepared, advertising ready to go and big name apps. The first two are in their control, but I'm sure they have an idea about the third.

It surely brings up great conversation between the 'don't launch it until it's right' group and the 'I want it now, fix it later!' crowd which is probably all but gone after the dismal PlayBook launch.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I think we're looking at July, they only just started taking app submissions and offering devs direct help.
    Do you think maybe the disaster at Foxxcom set their delivery day back? (That's where it's being manufactured, right? Or am I off?)
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I think we're looking at July, they only just started taking app submissions and offering devs direct help.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Do you think maybe the disaster at Foxxcom set their delivery day back? (That's where it's being manufactured, right? Or am I off?)
    You're off.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    TouchPad is being built by a Taiwanese company. Foxxcommie is a Chinese company.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    ^this!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    TouchPad is being built by a Taiwanese company. Foxxcommie is a Chinese company.
    Partially correct. It's already been confirmed that the TouchPad is indeed being built by Foxconn in their Taiwan plant (they have several plants in different countries).
    Has webOS 3.0 even left beta? Can't ship until it's loaded with a shipping OS. Everyone seems to forget the software side of things — that's the hold up.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast