Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eh, just a guess.

i mean, i dont think they are expecting a huge rush. i'm sure they will be replenished as they sell and more ordered if demand increases. makes me want to run to my walmart and see what we got. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Every beta has been leaked on PreCentral. But that's kind of my point, if 3.0 had left beta, we would know.
    <sigh>

Enyo = developer platform
    webOS = operating system

We've seen leaks of the emulator for the former. Nothing on the latter. No we would not know.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    keep dreaming folks. The consumer won't get their hands on this until July 4th at the soonest. Just watch
    whew.. good to know. we can all stop discussing the release date because "midway99" says its July 4th. You cant argue with "just watch" Thanks for letting us all in on your little secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    whew.. good to know. we can all stop discussing the release date because "midway99" says its July 4th. You cant argue with "just watch" Thanks for letting us all in on your little secret.
    ok ok. Forgot to add - IMO. ease up tiger. However, I bet it's closer than most of these June dates flying around.
    Last edited by Midway99; 06/07/2011 at 09:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I just don' see BB & WalMart having empty display tables taking up valuable space for a month or more. Just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the tables/displays indicate a relatively imminent timetable?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    <sigh>

Enyo = developer platform
    webOS = operating system

We've seen leaks of the emulator for the former. Nothing on the latter. No we would not know.
    Enyo doesn't make up a large part of the operating system? I know the distinct difference between Enyo, the framework, and webOS the operating system but the two go hand-in-hand.

webOS 3.0 is technically still in beta until its framework, Enyo, exits beta.
    And I suspect that things at the OS level are still in beta as well. I mean, c'mon, how finished has any release of webOS been?
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    are alot of the displays out already? I checked out a walmart/sams/best buy (in orlando) and didnt see the displays. I agree that if the displays are OUT...then the TP is coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I just don' see BB & WalMart having empty display tables taking up valuable space for a month or more. Just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the tables/displays indicate a relatively imminent timetable?
    feels like it to me.

based off of my email from this HP rep getting ready to take orders, (Here) and this guys walmart actually having 2 in stock (Here), i'd say its really close.
    Thought I read on the web that BB was getting a dedicated kiosk for it and were starting to train the employees...I'll ask my son if he knows anything when he gets home from work (@ Best Buy).

Okay, my son just got home from work and there is currently no stock or demo units onhand. They have been doing a little bit of training online. At the END of the month they're doing a complete revamping of the computer department and that is when the kiosk will go up front and center with release of the Touchpad to follow shortly after.
    Last edited by spudland; 06/07/2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: New info...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

good idea.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    HP TouchPad (32 GB) Tablet Limited Stock New Wifi | eBay

check out this ebay listing he seems to know when the release date is...Between July 6th and July 11th
    pre-orders end of this month (on or after the 20th), shipping early July (by the 10th), marketing push mid-July with no external marketing until after July 17th. just sayin'
    i sent him a message.

EDIT:

he should change this....

Delivery:
    Estimated between Fri. Jun. 10 and Sat. Jun. 11
    pre-orders end of this month (on or after the 20th), shipping early July (by the 10th), marketing push mid-July with no external marketing until after July 17th. just sayin'
    And we have divined this knowledge? Educated guess?
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    HP TouchPad (32 GB) Tablet Limited Stock New Wifi | eBay

check out this ebay listing he seems to know when the release date is...Between July 6th and July 11th
    I asked the seller how he knew that?

and he said,"We have been informed by one of our members who work in HP and its vendors. We are happy to inform you about any information
    Thank you "

I hope he is wrong, then again I've got to save a little more money to get the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    I asked the seller how he knew that?

and he said,"We have been informed by one of our members who work in HP and its vendors. We are happy to inform you about any information
    Thank you "

I hope he is wrong, then again I've got to save a little more money to get the touchpad
    His price will be much higher then retail. $599 should be the high mark - minus accessories of course.
    No way thousands of Walmarts are just going to have empty spots on shelves with signage for over a month.
    ya, I talked to him to. He said he was informed by HP.
    All of this plays nicely into the information that says certain outlets will get it before others. Namely, walmart.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast