Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There has never been a beta we know of...only the developer platform enyo has been in beta since february 9th. And from what we know from developer.palm.com, it still is.
    keep dreaming folks. The consumer won't get their hands on this until July 4th at the soonest. Just watch
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    There has never been a beta we know of...only the developer platform enyo has been in beta since february 9th. And from what we know from developer.palm.com, it still is.
    Every beta has been leaked on PreCentral. But that's kind of my point, if 3.0 had left beta, we would know.
    My guess is no sooner than June 21 - first day of summer. Why would HP want to over-promise and under-deliver... that's no way to make happy customers.

(it should be obvious that the last statement is dripping wet with sarcasm)
    I am starting to agree with this assertion as well. I find it extremely unlikely that we are 5 days from rumored release and haven't heard a word from HP about the launch.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure, that HP just doesn't know it for themselves.

They only can fix a date, when webOS 3.0 (including the underlying development platform) is ready.

Until we hear about that, it won't be possible to flash the devices with the final OS and therefore they can't sell them.
    I am pretty sure, the devices are ready hardware-side, but still lacking the software.

And remember...Leo said, he wants to have a "perfect" product, so I don't think, they will release it until it is truly finished...
    especially as Apple won't release anything until fall, there is absolutely no need to rush anything out.
    They better take some more weeks to make it "perfect"!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Every beta has been leaked on PreCentral. But that's kind of my point, if 3.0 had left beta, we would know.
    Heh, with all the leakage going on, I'm not sure they would tell people when it's out of beta.
    You all are forgetting one more strange thing - lack of 16GB TP in front page articles about launch preparations. This somehow is leaning toward hardware problems.
    I don't think it has to do with hardware problems. I think they want to sell the higher priced version first like motorola did with the xoom (horrible plan imo).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    I don't think it has to do with hardware problems. I think they want to sell the higher priced version first like motorola did with the xoom (horrible plan imo).
    Is anyone in here that naive to actually think that you will get a straight answer from a either a carrier rep or a HP rep? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Enyo is in beta. We have no knowledge of whether WebOS 3.0 is or isn't.
    Once an App is available for HP to install it into the Touchpad, and assuming they have a 'drop dead time' at which they will no longer wait for an app to be ready to install, how long would it take to:

Install last minute apps (a minute?)
    Package product (a minutes for each unit?)
    Ship products from Taiwan to East Tennessee (What? Why not start with Knoxville?)
    Stores set up working units for display and stock to purchase
    Me to drive to the store of choice

How long?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I just got back from Walmart.

They had signage up. They had price stickers up. I asked the employee when they are getting it. He scanned the price sticker with his scanner and said "well it says we have two on order, but they aren't in transit yet, which usually means probably a week".

He then advised me to go to the website and do a site to store transfer to get it faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I just got back from Walmart.

He scanned the price sticker with his scanner and said "well it says we have two on order,
    2? They will stock 2 of them with all that dedicated shelf space. classic. why am I not surprised. Had such high hopes... fading daily.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    2? They will stock 2 of them with all that dedicated shelf space. classic. why am I not surprised. Had such high hopes... fading daily.....
    display models?
    I don't think retailers like WalMart will be a large throughput for the TouchPad. It most likely be similar to the iPad and iPhone where they only receive a couple here and there every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    display models?
    man, I hope so.

So, the display models will be up in a few days with nothing to purchase. SWEEET. SMART SMART SMART. Hope this isn't the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    display models?
    There was a space there for one touchpad (along with 2 other blank spaces for Acer tablets).

The tablets they did have in stock they only had 2 behind the glass.

It probably has a lot to do with which walmart and how big and busy it is.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast