Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Correct me if I am wrong, but this new HP video clearly shows the Toucpad using its rear-camera(the one that was not supposed to exist) to augment a virtual reality type of software. What other spec changes could there be, if they made this one?

PS: video at 2:25 min mark.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/06/2011 at 11:37 PM.
    old video, no rear cam confirmed already.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Really ? bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    old video, no rear cam confirmed already.
    That's not an old video, it was shown today at the HP Discover event.

Though it was stated that the Touchpad will not have a rear cam, that video clearly shows a rear cam on the TouchPad @ the 2:26 mark (I saw this during the livestream, but clearly ignored it).

It then shows him using the rear cam & super-imposing the dinosaur image over it to get a feel of what the dinosaur wall paper would look like in his sons room. Will the first generation TouchPad have a rear cam? Official specs state no, but this video shows a rear cam in the upper left corner of the TouchPad.

Correction- I checked the date it was uplaoded on Youtube, which was back in March (today was the first time I've seen it hough). I wonder why they used it at the conference today, instead of something newer.
    Last edited by Smartfah; 06/06/2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: correction
    Yup, that's a pretty old video, and PC had an article about it a couple of moths ago. The TP won't have a rear camera.
    the cameras are poor on the ipad2... but i will say, for facetime not bad... poor though... but having the rear is nice because sometimes your chatting about whats happening around you and nice to be able to switch back and forth...

my 8yo daughter is in shanghai with her ipad2 also and at the condo she'll chat through facetime everyday and she'll switch to the other camera to show what she is doing, etc.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Could it be that there is no rear camera because HP is going after corporate businesses, and sometimes cameras aren't allowed?
    then why a front camera? a camera is a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykel View Post
    Could it be that there is no rear camera because HP is going after corporate businesses, and sometimes cameras aren't allowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykel View Post
    In those cases, no cameras are allowed. Just because one would have to turn it around doesn't stop someone committing industrial espionage.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think thats touchpad 2 or 1.5 -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    still haven't used my rear camera
    It is pretty interesting for a HP to show off what looks like a rear camera and flash and for that matter "augmented reality" on a Touchpad design they don't plan to release. Why show off something they don't plan to make. Maybe it will come in Touchpad 2, but I like the concept and what they were showing either way. We'll just have to wait and see! Sorli...
    I don't know I have a weird feeling that they'll update the touchpad in less than a year, especially considering the competition. And if they do update it in a year I would really feel scorned. I mean I think a 1 year cycle for tech is ideal especially since apple seems to have made it the standard (although they appear to be breaking this year with the iphone 5 lol).

I know the 7" tab is coming a bit after the touchpad and will probably feature some new hardware, but since it's not a 9.7" form factor it won't have quite the same sting as if a touchpad 2 came out in less than a year.