Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    About hardware acceleration, take note that Enyo is hardware accelerated for some components, but other doesn't need it, or they must be directly enabled by the developer.

Definitely, you're going to see a lot of improvements on Enyo apps, but not all the issues will be solved (althought most of them will be). webOS needs to rely on CSS for hardware acceleration, and this technology is a newborn. Because of this, it happens than sometimes javascript animations look better than CSS animations, or the dev simply doesn't struggle with this kind of aesthetical issues.

webOS is opening new paths on mobile technology in a lot of ways, and this has a price, like technologies not ready, or the lack of knowledge on the better way of doing things.
    Newness Developments apps:

Thanks for the info deCorvett. Glad to have someone in here that knows what their talking about. Keep us straightened out!
    Those were some very informative posts deCorvett. I was hoping someone with knowledge would be able to break it down like you did. Thanks.
    -Do doot dee do "I like birds"

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    My excuses. Yesterday was a bad day, and I entered the post with a wrong perspective, I thought I was reading whinners, and I'm really tired of whinners.

I'll try to explain the current state of webOS, in a post later today.

There are a lot of wrong assumptions in this thread, related to "native" code used on webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Today for sure will be better!
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I'm really enjoying learning more about what makes webOS different, and how this translates to advantages and disadvantages relative to other platforms. If we can keep this conversation going, it would be great to learn more.

What I've always found particularly interesting is something mentioned before: webOS is basically a browser placed on top of Linux, and apps run like web pages. Is this correct? If so, what advantages does this offer over other platforms, aside from devs already knowing the languages necessary to build apps?

More ... more!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I'm really enjoying learning more about what makes webOS different, and how this translates to advantages and disadvantages relative to other platforms. If we can keep this conversation going, it would be great to learn more.

What I've always found particularly interesting is something mentioned before: webOS is basically a browser placed on top of Linux, and apps run like web pages. Is this correct? If so, what advantages does this offer over other platforms, aside from devs already knowing the languages necessary to build apps?

More ... more!

It's a little more than that; compiled programs can run on top of that linux as well as web pages. What's unique about WebOS is that it can do both and can do both at the same time while switching around real time.

How that uniqueness is noticed or appreciated by consumers is yet to be seen though.
    Maybe we should be able to run all windows 8 apps and vice versa, what do you think?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

More ... more!
    All the potential of webOS must be discovered yet, I think, and they will become more and more obvious as soon as the market starts to adopt webOS.

Thinks like hybrid app execution (local and remote), i.e. A sample (not the better one talking about performance) could be Google Maps app: A dev can make an app to install some parts of it to install locally, and partially execute it remotely, and make the updates always available and running during execution. This is a dream become true in corporate environments.

It's absolutely expandable: and app can execute code itself, expanding it's capabilities. Unlike compiled code, Javascript can execute Javascript code itself inside the application, without the need of download plugins, or install expansions.

And obviously, the customization webOS can offer...
    Newness Developments apps:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123