1.    #1  
    Went to Target yesterday and talked with a well informed representative. (I was just as shocked as you were.)

He said the HP Touchpad was going to dominate iPad and Xoom sales at this store as the entire staff expects the multitasking to really separate it apart from the others.

Now for the not-so-surprising news...

He said they will only offer the 32GB from the launch. There was no definitive date in the Target system, but June 20th is what he is expecting. Falls in line with the other stores.

His belief is that all retail, brick and mortar stores, will be stocking the 32GB only initially. 16GB will be available from online and HP.com retailers.

So nothing surprising here, just more confirmation from previous statements from Office Depot and Best Buy.
    We'll if there's one thing going for our team its defiantly distribution. I wonder if mark-downs will be allowed unlike other products.
    not having the 16GB available in stores at launch is going to result in a low volume of sales. i wonder what HP's thinking?
    Well let's wait until we see the actual pricing, too, shouldn't we...
  5.    #5  
    32GB is $599, 16GB is $499 no 3G/4G for these versions.
    I planned on buying the 16 gig model...I really hope I don't have to order it online, I really wanted it in my hands the day of.

Although, if it were cheaper online I'd wait. :P

Having all these outlets to buy HP products is awesome. Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon, everything. Awesome.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    We'll if there's one thing going for our team its defiantly distribution. I wonder if mark-downs will be allowed unlike other products.
    Great distribution channels wont help if only 32GB@ $599 will be offered. If HP makes pricing switch at launch day it would be reasonable, anything else is potential catastrophe.
    Me no like $499 for 16gb price point =(
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    He said they will only offer the 32GB from the launch. There was no definitive date in the Target system, but June 20th is what he is expecting. Falls in line with the other stores.

His belief is that all retail, brick and mortar stores, will be stocking the 32GB only initially. 16GB will be available from online and HP.com retailers.
    hehe, exactly as I thought.

HP will regret this, this makes entry level touchpad $600, $100 more expensive than iPad and $200 more expensive than eee pad.

imagine a retailer store employee showing tablets to users:

This is iPad, you probably heard a lot of it
    This is eeepad, it has a lot of android apps and high screen resolution, hdmi out, its quite cheap, $399
    This is HP touchpad, it has a great webOS, and its $599.

Its a dumb decision by HP.
    Last edited by clevin; 06/06/2011 at 06:20 PM.