Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    The 16gb TouchPad "Maunfacturer Part Number" is FB355UA#ABA. I'm not seeing much on google for it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    And, for all we know, it is the 32GB version of the iPad that is the biggest seller. If that is the case and HP knows that, why not launch the 32GB version first?
    i don't follow, HP is not selling iPad, don't have apple 's fanbase, how exactly can you confidently transfer the results of iPad to touchpad?

Not to mention, apple released both together.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i don't follow, HP is not selling iPad, don't have apple 's fanbase, how exactly can you confidently transfer the results of iPad to touchpad?

Not to mention, apple released both together.
    I was making a guess. I don't know which version of the iPad sells best. But if market research says the 32GB version would sell best, then that's what HP sells.

Another way to look at it is HP intends to sell both the 16GB and 32GB versions but will only sell the 16GB on HP.com. Their partner retailers could have balked at the profit margin for the 16GB but were satisfied with the 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Their partner retailers could have balked at the profit margin for the 16GB but were satisfied with the 32GB.
    That does make sense. But as a upstart, I would hope HP will sacrifice some profit to satisfy the retailer and put their most attractive products onto the shelf.

If the lowest price a buyer can find in a retail store is $600, they may just look away. after all, there is a $400 EEE pad with great quality.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    It looks like the 16gb is online only for $478 and the 32gb is both store and online for $578...
    With TP pricing and aggressive push of 32GB model, HP is aiming at completely different profile of customers than existing WebOS fan base. It looks to me HP is overconfident. Titanic scale overconfident.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I was in my Sam's Club a few days ago. I couldn't even find any tablets. I finally asked the electronics guy if they carry tablets and his response was "We have the ipad." So they don't even carry android tablets. I guess they may get the touchpad when it comes out but being a lowly floor salesman he may not be aware.
    Just checked the Sam's Clubs in my area but none had them at this time. One guy I talked with that seemed to know what he was talking about said that electronic items are usually shipped to them with 1-day delivery so they arrive on release day so they would get them around late morning.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Costco has it online with a free case, and is still labeled, pre-order.
    I was able to go to Best Buy and they matched Sam's Club's price!
    Did you need to take anything to best buy to get price match?
    Nope, they just looked up the price on Sam's website. They didn't even look to see it was only available online. He had to double-check with his manager.

But you know, if you can't make progress with one person/store... go to another LOL!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    My Sam's Club did not have any in stock either, they had a display unit, but it was locked up!
    A couple of the Sam's in the Dallas area had their demo unit, but didn't put it out on display because the had not received inventory to sell yet. *sigh*
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12