Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Bump since y TP arrives tomorrow.
    Ohk, any midnight adopters have any experiences that they'd like to share??!?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Any update on the 1.4.5 profiles on the TP?
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    It works with my Sprint Pre- 1.4.5 profile. All my apps synced onto my TP. Memos also synced over.
    dec likes this.
    same here. Sprint pre- 1.4.5 profile syncd just fine. Apps, mail and FB accounts came over just great. Typing this now from the TP.
    dec likes this.
  6. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    haters are just gonna hate . . .must be sad to live life so negatively. Thx for the info the 1.4.5 apps work ~
    Running Pre- 2.1; Touchpad synced everything, apps, email accounts, even pulled my text messaging history.

The WebOS phone\SMS sharing only half works. I can make phone calls via the TouchPad but SMS gives me nothing but errors. I even tried blowing away my SMS history, no luck.
    Running Pre- 1.4.5;

The pairing process works but the TP displays 'Unable to Connect' in the BT prefs. My Pre- see the TP also.

Anyone get it to work on theirs?
    A quick/simple answer for the original poster...You can enter your 1.4x profile account on the Touchpad. The device alerts you that it will perform a single, one-way sync. In essence, what you had on your 1.4.x device is migrated to the Touchpad (all accounts / apps from the AppStore), but apps you download or accounts you create the TP will not make it back to your Pre/Pixi.
    Last edited by Gregg; 07/01/2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: forgot a critical word
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    Running Pre- 2.1; Touchpad synced everything, apps, email accounts, even pulled my text messaging history.

The WebOS phone\SMS sharing only half works. I can make phone calls via the TouchPad but SMS gives me nothing but errors. I even tried blowing away my SMS history, no luck.
    Same here, can make calls just fine through touchpad on my Sprint Pre- 1.4.5, but SMS gives errors
    Pre- 1.4.5 everything seems to work except the txt pushing. Phone calls are great. I miss swiping back though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    A quick/simple answer for the original poster...You can enter your 1.4x profile account on the Touchpad. The device alerts you that it will perform a single, one-way sync. In essence, what you had on your 1.4.x device is migrated to the Touchpad (all accounts / apps from the AppStore), but apps you download or accounts you create the TP will make it back to your Pre/Pixi.
    Can you "re-sync" at will?
    The device alerts you that it will perform a single, one-way sync.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    I guess I'm confused about the sync. So the profile isn't really being linked? For example, if I have app X purchased and on my Pre and go to the app catalog on my TP, it won't show up as purchased?

So is it not actually using your profile?
    Perhaps the omission of a single word from my original post lead to your confusion. I have corrected that. Please re-read and see if you are still confused.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Perhaps the omission of a single word from my original post lead to your confusion. I have corrected that. Please re-read and see if you are still confused.
    Hmm... So it's not exactly syncing at all. I'm assuming when a Pre 3 (or Veer) is used with the same profile, that would no longer be the case? Of course, only assumptions at this point.

By the way, your replies sound a bit snarky. I certainly hope that's not the intention...
    It's not. Just trying to be as concise as possible.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    so basically, it creates a 2.0+ profile, copies your 1.4.5 profile to it but only once. any changes made on your 1.4.5 profile after that cant be updated in the future?

hmmmm.....trying to decide if i wanna do this or not.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I have a Sprint Pre- and purchased the Touchpad today. I was easily able to pair the 2 devices over Bluetooth and take/place phone calls from the Touchpad. I was very impressed. Doesn't seem like text messaging is working yet, and I heard even 2.0+ devices also have this problem, but not really banking on this working with Sprint Pre-, we'll see. There's quite a bit of lag, but overall is a really cool device and I'm liking it so far. It was pretty exciting taking it out of the box and bringing it to life.

Also, it automatically detected by HP Wireless printer on my home network and I was sending print jobs to it immediately. THAT.....was pretty sweet!

I also connected to my google docs and played around with QuickOffice. Some work to so around this area, but still not bad for a start. There's some improvements to be made, but I'm glad I made the purchase. I went for the 32GB at Best Buy since I'm eligible for the $50 early adopter rebate.

Go for it folks, we've waited this long. Get your hands on one and you WILL be able to pair up Sprint Pre-'s to the Touchpad.
    i think the main questions are these 2

1) if you change something on your 1.4.5 pre, does it auto update on your tp?
    2) if you change something on your 3.0 tp, does it auto update on your 1.4.5 pre profile?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast