Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found this video of a TouchPad being shown somewhere in Asia. The quality of the video is really good (720p HD) and we can see thing we haven't seen before with a lot of details like the bluetooth keyboard, the TouchPad touchstone and QuickOffice (which looks laaaaaagy).

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i didnt notice quick office newhere
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    that looks like computex. in taipei. table is the same as the one sandisk was using to show off the touchpad.
    Here's the translation:

settings. Android has this at the bottom, webOS has it at the top.

The accounts app groups all your accounts together in one place, making it a lot easier to manage your accounts.

The four bezels around the screen is not a touch/gesture area like the Pre. If you are used to the Pre, you'll just want to swipe like this [but obviously you can't!!! boo!]

This is the mail app, divided into 3 sections: Accounts, Inbox, and the actual email.

You can get rid of apps [by swiping], and use two fingers to zoom.

The TouchPad uses Beat Audio, like other HP products.

[Someone sticks his finger in to launch the Pictures app, the guy now seems lost and/or unsure what he's supposed to say while clicking around… and the video cuts to a new segment]

This is the inductive charging stand, when placed on it charges inductively… no wires required. The technology is similar to the Touchstone for the Veer or Pre, except that it has 5 pins [I'm not sure what he means by that… can anyone clarify this?]

This is the wireless keyboard that you'll have to purchase separately. The chiclet keyboard is very nice.
    Thanks! Guy has add with his taping. I really hope its more responsive than his little figures would lead one to believe. Nice to see all that matte sexiness around. Maybe the 7inch pad coming out next will ditch the glossiness.
    I love it how when the person NOT showing the device off starts touching things that the reviewer wouldn't have touched. It slows down ALOT.

Its becuase they keep showing off the same stuff which in turn makes things appear faster.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    i didnt notice quick office newhere

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Everything starts in Vietnam lol
    LOL I thought of you when I saw the thread title.......
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Seems very slow and bulky. So sad.
    interesting..

wonder what build it is.. definitely choked up a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    interesting..

wonder what build it is.. definitely choked up a bit
    OBVIOUSLY not the latest optimized build...

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    OBVIOUSLY not the latest optimized build...

This video is from a while back isn't it? I remember seeing this guy demonstrate the TouchPad. Of all the people I've seen demo the TouchPad this guy has been the most articulate.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post

haha nice thanks~!! i thought that was just a PDF file!! it def had a hiccup in the beg, but im not sure cuz it seemed like he was trying to zoom in at first, but maybe it was already maxed out? he zoomed out with out a hitch and then zoomed back in...
    the transitions need to get smoothed out for sure though =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I've said this in another thread but if you leave a PDF cached for a while you see similar behavior on all webOS devices. It takes a bit to catch up and will act as if it's temporarily frozen.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    is that a matte after-market cover? looks sweet!

I have to believe this is an older build 3.0 because that thing is running slower than most we have seen on display.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I've said this in another thread but if you leave a PDF cached for a while you see similar behavior on all webOS devices. It takes a bit to catch up and will act as if it's temporarily frozen.
    The problem is that is is not a PDF file, it is a simple .txt file. If QuickOffice is laggy with .txt files, I can't imagine its behaviour with PDFs.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Everything starts in Vietnam lol
    Haha hopefully I'll get to see some new tech when I go visit some family
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Hey! How come the video playback still isn't able to orient itself according to the user's perspective?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    We all saw the serial number on that thing. Wonder if someone can go reverse engineer the Doctor URLs and find a place to toss in the SN.
    After Sandisk, now HP is showing old build at Computex!? I'm really feeling stupid looking at my old posts, when I was full of hope for WebOS future under HP management.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast