Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Playbook in Sprint stores tomorrow with still unannounced date for Touchpad. Do you plan to make the plunge on the Playbook with no email but availability or hold on for hopes that the Pre3 or Veer comes to Sprint to pair with a Touchpad? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
    Playbook in Sprint stores tomorrow with still unannounced date for Touchpad. Do you plan to make the plunge on the Playbook with no email
    sounds dreadful and wasteful of my $$$. I have a perfectly functioning mac with ability to plug into monitor.
    I can wait for a full functioning tablet.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i wonder if the touchpad will be 4g though?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    i never had intenions to get playbook... or a carrier branded tablet. if it wasnt for webOS being so awesome i would probably avoid tablets all together. i'm waiting for my wifi only touchpad.
    neither.

i already have data enabled galaxy tab. if i were to buy another tab. will be wifi only.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    sounds dreadful and wasteful of my $$$. I have a perfectly functioning mac with ability to plug into monitor.
    I can wait for a full functioning tablet.
    That is true, I probably a reason I will stay away. I am not really sold on a tablet need yet. Like some of you, I feel like there are plenty of alternatives out there than adding another device. But I do waste money. . . .so I might buy. Would prefer a Wifi only as far as not having a bill associated with another device. BUT, there seems to be some vagueness around the touch to share feature that may not be answered until release of the Touchpad.

As for the Playbook. I like BB products but cant really see what the benefit this tablet is over any of the others out (Galaxy, Xoom, iPad, Touchpad **coming soon**). Especially with no email. I just need a tablet that would eventually be supported by my company for other applications that are NOT email. Currently they support the iPad and iphone and BB. WebOs works by default. They got scared away from Palm due to problems with the last Treo models running Windows.
    If/when I get a tablet it will be WiFi-only. I can tether it to my phone if I need mobile access.

Currently, the only tablet that looks like an alternative to the iPad for me would be the Nook Color or Galaxy Tab because I think the smaller size would be better for thumb-typing. They are also priced right... but the Tab has a 3G radio and requires a contract so there isn't any chance I'll buy one.

So if I HAD to have a tablet, I'd grab a Nook Color or one of the sub-$200 tablets at Frys... but I'm still happy to wait on the TouchPad (and hopefully a smaller version to follow). I only want wifi, and I don't want anything until it's fully baked. I hope HP doesn't rush and release anything before it's ready. And HP said the first TP to be released will be WiFi only, so that's a good reason for it not to be a "Sprint" launch even though Sprint may carry them...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If/when I get a tablet it will be WiFi-only. I can tether it to my phone if I need mobile access.

Currently, the only tablet that looks like an alternative to the iPad for me would be the Nook Color or Galaxy Tab because I think the smaller size would be better for thumb-typing. They are also priced right... but the Tab has a 3G radio and requires a contract so there isn't any chance I'll buy one.

So if I HAD to have a tablet, I'd grab a Nook Color or one of the sub-$200 tablets at Frys... but I'm still happy to wait on the TouchPad (and hopefully a smaller version to follow). I only want wifi, and I don't want anything until it's fully baked. I hope HP doesn't rush and release anything before it's ready. And HP said the first TP to be released will be WiFi only, so that's a good reason for it not to be a "Sprint" launch even though Sprint may carry them...
    I have a Nook Color that I bought because HP wouldnt take my money and give a Touchpad. The Nook Color is great except it clearly is meant to drive books and not the net. While surfing it hangs up a lot and has to be rebooted. I would say its ok if you are mostly interested in books or surfing before bedtime. I wouldnt plan to travel with it much as a connection to the outside world. Also with it being Wi-Fi only its not really an option to use for work where I need continuous connections. Unless the Pre3 or Veer can stay in hotspot mode while on a conference call, I will need a separate line to get the real functionality advantages from another device.