1.    #1  
    i was licking my chops and looking at the touchPad again when i noticed this little note at the bottom of bestbuy.com's touchpad page

"2. Within wireless coverage area only. SMS, MMS, and IM require data services at additional cost. Availability of IM functionality may vary by carrier. "

is that a hint that the touchpad is gonna be on multiple carriers or just standard legal jargon?
    Pretty boilerplate language
  3.    #3  
    the link

i can also make out icons for fb, linkedIn, foursquare and netflix. there are some others i haven't made out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpleasant View Post
    the link

i can also make out icons for fb, linkedIn, foursquare and netflix. there are some others i haven't made out yet.
    What about Brostache? Please tell me they have Brostache? We are being promised all the necessary apps at launch, so naturally, I expect Brostache. If HP doesn't come out with Brostache on the TouchPad, well, it's going to be an epic fail...there, I said it...and I feel stupid.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

i was licking my chops and looking at the touchPad again when i noticed this little note at the bottom of bestbuy.com's touchpad page

"2. Within wireless coverage area only. SMS, MMS, and IM require data services at additional cost. Availability of IM functionality may vary by carrier. "

is that a hint that the touchpad is gonna be on multiple carriers or just standard legal jargon?
    you got it!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    the link

if you're talking about the red square in the icon grid on the bottom right, last photo on that page, i do believe that is Yelp and not Netflix.

would be nice, though...what was HP's official statement on that? did they say they were working on it, or something?
    No official HP statement. There's a rumor going around that says we'll get it, but won't quite be ready at launch.
  8.    #8  
    oh thanks derwin. i wasn't exactly sure...

i haven't heard anything official about netflix either but the word around town is that its def coming they are just working out some last minute things that are preventing it from being part of the launch...