Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bolija View Post
    I thought HP was going forward with HTML5!

The demo is horrible IMHO!
    Probably a little bit of buffering but still, it looks like my old notebook.
    ok, but this content was Flash... what does that have to do with HTML5? the two aren't mutually exclusive...
    I'm more interested in non-video Flash performance. A lot of websites still require flash in order to use them at all.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hmm, I didn't see the 12FPS on the video, other than at the beginning, and I'm sure it was buffering, like others mentioned.

I'm really interested in Flash, especially because there are plenty of games compatible with touch input. I did play some on the PlayBook, and the experience was pretty good, including the sound, which was completely on sync.

Another thing is animations done in Flash. I spent much time on newgrounds.com, and many of the animations can be funny and really entertaining; there's not an HTML 5 substitute for that huge library (and growing), so Flash is also the best alternative for this kind of content.

Finally, sometimes you're more concerned about playing the content rather than looking at it at full quality. An example is reading an article with embedded videos. It's way more convenient to just let them load on the same page while you read than opening them in the YouTube app.

It may be horrendous for many of you, but I'm sure many more people will find it useful.
    Flash is just bad code. Adobe was lazy here - It takes advantage of processor speed, and is utterly un-optimized for smaller devices.
    All the anti-flash comments make 0 sense.

It's an *option* and as such it is good to have.

I actually agree that Flash should eventually die a horrible death and be forgotten by the world. But until that day arrives (years in the future) - there is a *lot* of stuff out there that requires flash - whether we like it or not.

If any of don't ever use any sites that are built with flash only - shrug - sure then it serves no purpose to have it.

But many people like certain browser flash games. Or want to use some other feature that's been implemented in Flash. And those will then be available on TP but not on IPad - so good advantage on HPs side here.

In case some of you haven't seen the early TP demos - Flash doesn't run on every site right away. You have to tap the flash rectangle to activate it. Until then there is no cost in having Flash being able to run on the device.
    There's no downside. It's there when needed.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    small buffering trouble at the front but apart from that it looked smooth like the guy said

I for one am extremely glad the touchpad has flash
    Quote Originally Posted by bolija View Post
    I thought HP was going forward with HTML5!

The demo is horrible IMHO!
    Probably a little bit of buffering but still, it looks like my old notebook.
    You are right,the touchpad will support both flash and HTML5.Palm was one of the main smartphone compaines trying to implement HTML5 into webOS.
    looks fine to me,
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12