1.    #1  
    Granted, I just made this up. But I think it would be a kinda groovy idea to be able to launch a program from your Pre3 makes your Pre keyboard the input for the touchpad....since they will be bluetooth connected anyway? Eh? Sound useful? Or am I crazy?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    useful~! in my opinion, nething that gets webos more intergrated with each other the better~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Good idea! The would be awesome with using a Pre 3 as a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for a computer.
    sounds within the realm of possibility.
    I like it....I like it alot
    Great idea!
    I suspect it will be much easier to type with the TP's big virtual keyboard than even the Pre3's hardware keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I suspect it will be much easier to type with the TP's big virtual keyboard than even the Pre3's hardware keyboard.

you might be right, but the pre3 keyboard would enable you to maintain entire screen for viewing your webpage/document/spreadsheet/etc.

Has advantages and seems simple enough to implement that it is probably worthwhile even if it isn't used frequently.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, this idea is about giving options to people who are in the ecosystem. its great...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post

Maybe. I've written reports on international flights sitting back in coach using my smart phone (not a Pre) because it was easier than hunching over a laptop. IF the Pre 3s keyboard is decent, this idea has real merit imo.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    This would be awesome, I can touch type on my Pre, Pre3 would be great. Would be awesome with TP on it's touchstone
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I can think of some instances when i'd rather use my phones keyboard than the virtual keyboard. I've even used my smartphone keyboard to my control my laptop!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I like this idea as well, which brings up a question for me and rather than start a new post I'll just throw it out here:
    Will the TP be patchable/tweakable?
    Being in the dark on the good ol' Pre- 1.4.5 I don't know much of what potential is to come..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I like this idea as well, which brings up a question for me and rather than start a new post I'll just throw it out here:
    Will the TP be patchable/tweakable?
    Being in the dark on the good ol' Pre- 1.4.5 I don't know much of what potential is to come..
    I would suspect good things, since the Veer is..... but anything official involving 3.0/Enyo would be under NDA, so who knows at this point. So far HP seams open to homebrew, so I am guessing we will still see the access we have enjoyed with WebOS.

Looking forward to Rod getting his hands on a TP
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...