Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    He still said June but his quotes yesterday at Bernstein conference
    which roughly was "webos out on tablet by end of June/early July and will go into distribution then."
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2980604

and

also AllthingsD where he said he was still asking engineers to have TouchPad be "perfect" for launch

"Léo: The one lesson I have learned from this, and I’m driving my engineers crazy with this, is that we will not release a product that isn’t perfect. (One person applauds.)"
    http://allthingsd.com/20110601/hewle...er-live-at-d9/

suggest end of June rather than earlier June.
    well my hopes are still early june, I've learned to basically ignore whatever Leo says now, let the products do the talking.
    I'm still buying one on june 12th. even if it isnt for sale!
    My personal opinion is let them take their time...don't want half baked product.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    "Léo: The one lesson I have learned from this, and I’m driving my engineers crazy with this, is that we will not release a product that isn’t perfect. (One person applauds.)"
    I believe this quote was his response to this question:

"What lessons have you learned from watching the launch of the PlayBook?"

And he answered HP wouldn't release the TouchPad unless it was perfect.

Sorry to kinda burst your bubble there.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    My personal opinion is let them take their time...don't want half baked product.
    That takin' their time has proven to be HPalm's "strong suit".
    Well, I am desperately waiting to get the TP / Pre3 combo. But I can only agree with darkzone. Let them take their time, even if if pleasant anticipation is almost killing me...
    I'm betting on a June 20th launch. They had just asked developers to submit their 3.0 apps, process would take about a week for all to be reviewed.

I'm sure they'll announced it late next week, the majority of all the apps would probably be in by that time as well.

Mostly all the apps submitted will be approved by the 17-19 of June, and those app will be push trough the app catalog on the morning of the June 20.
    June 12 could be for business purchases/preorders.

June 20 could be public launch.

Just my guesses, but I'm hoping for June 12 for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    June 12 could be for business purchases/preorders.

June 20 could be public launch.

Just my guesses, but I'm hoping for June 12 for all.
    The way HP.com works is anyone can buy their products from the SMB site. If it's released on the 12th for business orders, then anyone can buy it on that date.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    i agree. they should take their time getting the TP ready. as long as their isn't any hold-up with the Pre3, idc.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i wonder, when does HP load the OS? only beacuse it seems like there is only a week or two left before the product launch and it seems they still got some bugs or perfomance to work out.
    will they load it at the factory? and when turn it on and connect to wifi will there be an update? or will they upload new software before they distribute to stores?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I imagine since the hardware has been final for sometime that they would have an update available to download once the device is powered on. Just guessing.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It's a really delicate balance that HP need to strike. The trade off between release date and performance improvments can make for a really difficult launch date decision.

Leave it too late while they're optimising the OS & they'll risk losing customers that get bored of playing the waiting game

Or release it too early with a half baked OS and poor performance and they'll be greeted with poor reviews etc......
    No wants to be in the position the Playbook was is, which was a tablet that had no business being released at that time and as a result was panned, fairly in most reviews. So HP should refine and refine until the product just works.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm pretty sure, that they have the devices at some data centers and will flash the devices right before handing them over to the distribution centers for deploying to the stores.

I think this takes one week.

But I wouldn't mind an update on first-start either. Just doesn't look that professional to get an update on first-start...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well i wouldnt mind either, but some people out there may not log on to the internet right away.... its crazy but there are many people who dont know how to do somethings, and they will be stuck with dated software out of the box!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm right in the climax of my gadget lust frenzy right now. It won't last more than another 2 weeks. If the Touchpad comes out after that I'll have come to my senses and won't buy it.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    No wants to be in the position the Playbook was is, which was a tablet that had no business being released at that time and as a result was panned, fairly in most reviews. So HP should refine and refine until the product just works.
    I agree with you about the PlayBook, although what it did launch with was silky smooth performance!

Some people would argue that WebOS still needs refining even 2 years after release! Now you wouldn't be prepared to wait that long would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm right in the climax of my gadget lust frenzy right now. It won't last more than another 2 weeks. If the Touchpad comes out after that I'll have come to my senses and won't buy it.
    I am going to have to battle myself, as I am just about to get there, to not buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and instead wait for the TouchPad. Hopefully I have my new Nook in hand to help my gadget needs, along with a new phone to root and play with, which will all help.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast