Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    webosroundup just got pics of walmart tags for $599 version, story up soon on website.
    The display has instructions to assemble this week, no date for the TouchPad.
    My guess is that the big announcement will come during Paul McCartney concert.
    His private cloud storage is a good story to showcase webOS and so a nice way to end the conference and feature the TouchPad for consumers as the opening part of the conference featured it for enterprise. Also the Paul McCartney angle ensures that many press will pick up the story.

WalMart Documents Show Layout, Dates for HP TouchPad Display with $599 Price Tag [EXCLUSIVE] | webOSroundup
  2.    #42  
    video below taken by guy walking HP Discover floor. Take a look around 3:40 mark at McCartney display, are those Pres under the monitors?

I see no phones under the monitors.
    Sprint Love
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonepat11 View Post
    Take this for whats it worth. I was at a BB and there was an HP guy there setting up an HP station with Touchpad displays and whatnot. He told me that Best Buy will get it at the latest early July. He said that some other retailers have an exclusive on it and they will be getting it a couple weeks early. This leans towards the 20th or maybe even the 12th. I am thinking maybe Walmart from the info that was leaked last week?

As always with these rumors, who knows but I thought it would be something to wet the appetite on a slow Monday.
    So
    Walmart June 20
    BestBuy July 4th weekend
    Staples (others) July 17??

Just a guess but Staples July 17th was tipped to PreCentral
  5.    #45  
    If TouchPad released June 20th, then the 7-incher could be released Sept 20, in time for kids to go back to school and give 3-month spacing to the device releases. The industry seems to like the 3-month span.

Would not be surprised if Pre3 was released around that time or a month before (small tablet, large phone factor vs small phone Veer with large tablet TouchPad)
    Where is the 16 gig? I'll cry if it's not available at launch. I've got 3gig left on my Pre-, and $500 is already making my wife freak out. =0
    video below taken by guy walking HP Discover floor. Take a look around 3:40 mark at McCartney display, are those Pres under the monitors?

Nope. But you do get to see one at 1:32. Hurray for the Pre!
    I don't understand why these displays would be put up in stores if there is no device to sell for 2 weeks. I'd imagine we are much closer to a release than that. Maybe a week before Father's day?

I use to frequent Highdefdigest.com and they would sometimes get early leaked BB weekly ads. Maybe I should keep an eye over there?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Where is the 16 gig? I'll cry if it's not available at launch. I've got 3gig left on my Pre-, and $500 is already making my wife freak out. =0
    there is no 16Gb at launch in retail stores. There may or may not be a 16Gb at launch at all anywhere, even online.

I say wait for half a year, HP will realize the sales are crap and lower the prices.
    Leo also said HP wouldn't be announcing products before they were ready to ship... HP/Palm said legacy webOS users would get webOS 2.x, webOS legacy devices were going to get Flash in 2009, then in 2010, etc, etc, etc.

The history of lies from HP/Palm goes back quite a while.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Leo also said HP wouldn't be announcing products before they were ready to ship... HP/Palm said legacy webOS users would get webOS 2.x, webOS legacy devices were going to get Flash in 2009, then in 2010, etc, etc, etc.

The history of lies from HP/Palm goes back quite a while.
    Feeling especially..evil today, are we? GoodKell might say that Leo made a mistake which embarrassed him and his actions at AllthingsD and other places show he is now fully apprised of TouchPad ship date.

Palm is now a division of HP and reports to HP on ship date etc.

As for the Palm past pronouncements, can't argue with you there, management was clearly not their forte.
    HP closed on the Palm purchase in July, 2010. That's before the Pre2 was coming to Verizon in 2010. That's before most people even knew about webOS 2.x. It's before Leo made his "mistake".

HP is on the hook for everything communicated by Palm or HP regarding webOS users, devices or systems from July, 2010 onward. They don't get unlimited oopps' and free passes with me.

I'm not actually especially Evil today. Well, maybe I am. That fricken rabbit keeps eating my garden...
  13.    #53  
    So
    Walmart June 20
    BestBuy July 4th weekend
    Staples (others) July 17??

Just a guess but Staples July 17th was tipped to PreCentral
    The BestBuy July 4th weekend seems to be confirmed by another post from someone who has a son managing? a large BestBuy that is #1 in its region (see below, he is posting in the Walmart thread but he is talking about BestBuy).

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2985378

EvilKell, you are right about HP's ownership of Palm's mistake. Its true that HP took awhile to integrate Palm, I am inclined to have given them some leeway to do this, but also true that HP did have responsibility in Feb, so I'll have to talk to GoodKell about this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123