Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    HP starting to get some momentum from the press (Topolsky called Pre3 a gamechanger, Reisinger came out with positive story on TouchPad in eweek vs a story he wrote in Feb exhibiting doubt, see below for some links)

but all this will deflate if HP doesn't have the right mix of apps or if the software isn't optimized so I agree that it makes sense to wait until early July if necessary. But probably can't push the window much past mid-July at latest as Apotheker has been repeatedly saying June up until yesterday so if they delay past mid-July, they may start to lose momentum and risk getting press about delays, Apotheker's mgt skills, HP's execution skills etc.

Reisinger in June calling TouchPad a possible top challenger to IPad
    HP's TouchPad Might Be iPad's Top Challenger: 10 Reasons Why - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com - eWeek Mobile
    vs
    Reisinger in Feb saying TouchPad Euphoria is Premature
    HP TouchPad Euphoria Is Premature: 10 Reasons Why - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com - eWeek Mobile

and

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...-topolsky.html
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    My personal opinion is let them take their time...don't want half baked product.
    same here.
  3.    #23  
    Well, end of June could also be the June 20th date talked about elsewhere in the forums for the U.S.
    and early July could be a date for some of the countries outside of U.S.
    The announcement will be made end of next week during the event. They will start taking pre-orders on the 12th, and in store availability will be June 20th.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    The announcement will be made end of next week during the event. They will start taking pre-orders on the 12th, and in store availability will be June 20th.
    Well that makes sense with regards to capitalizing on the audience at the event and also can still jibe with late June pronouncement by Apotheker.

But how do you know this, what is your source?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Well that makes sense with regards to capitalizing on the audience at the event and also can still jibe with late June pronouncement by Apotheker.

But how do you know this, what is your source?
    At the end of the day, it's all speculation at this point. This certainly makes sense, but I imagine it's that, it makes sense, he doesn't have a source. Or I could be wrong, and he could have insider info.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    As I said previously, there is a competition on HP's German Facebook profile to become an TP "pretester" if you convince them why you are to be chosen. The deadline is June, 19th. So if they are looking for someone to test the TP before its release (at least in Germany / Europe), early July is a more realistic approach for release than June. Maybe even mid July. Bare in mind that they have to evaluate all the submissions, chose a winner (hopefully more than one) and give that guy some time to "test" the TP (and write some enthusiastic reports for HPs Facebook profile).

Here is the link for those who can read German

https://h41268.www4.hp.com/live/inde...chpadpretester
    He still said June but his quotes yesterday at Bernstein conference
    which roughly was "webos out on tablet by end of June/early July and will go into distribution then."
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2980604
    when they say June/July, you can bet its July.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    same here.
    Mmmmmh yeah I agree to. But anxiety is setting in methinks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    well now I am going to put pressure on them. If HP is delaying a release because they want it to be perfect, then it better sure as heck be as perfect as it can be. No Little annoying bugs, no random restarts, no lag, and a wealth of native apps (unlike the playbook.... I mean, no email support? No calendar? No tasks? No contacts?)
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    well now I am going to put pressure on them. If HP is delaying a release because they want it to be perfect, then it better sure as heck be as perfect as it can be. No Little annoying bugs, no random restarts, no lag, and a wealth of native apps (unlike the playbook.... I mean, no email support? No calendar? No tasks? No contacts?)
    Like they care about pressure from you. give me a break.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post

All of those apps are already on the TouchPad. It's not going to be "perfect" as that's an impossability. However, if they do delay it to offer the best user experience they can based on the budget and time line they developed, I'm fine with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Like they care about pressure from you. give me a break.
    oh come on really? You know very well that when people in this forum say 'I' for anything, it means a result to the general public. Are you telling me that you would be ok with a delay for quality reasons and then when you actually receive the product, its junk? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    All of those apps are already on the TouchPad. It's not going to be "perfect" as that's an impossability. However, if they do delay it to offer the best user experience they can based on the budget and time line they developed, I'm fine with that.
    if its a quality product, which I have no doubt it will be, then I can wait. No problem. I would rather have a fully functional product late than a half baked product early.
    im not getting one til I can get a pre3 to go with it.

that being said.....this has been the most ridiculous, long and drawn out product launch ever.

youve been working on this for over a year now....what do you have, only 2 people working on this? seriously. friggin annoying.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Take this for whats it worth. I was at a BB and there was an HP guy there setting up an HP station with Touchpad displays and whatnot. He told me that Best Buy will get it at the latest early July. He said that some other retailers have an exclusive on it and they will be getting it a couple weeks early. This leans towards the 20th or maybe even the 12th. I am thinking maybe Walmart from the info that was leaked last week?

As always with these rumors, who knows but I thought it would be something to wet the appetite on a slow Monday.
  17.    #37  
    webosroundup just got pics of walmart tags for $599 version, story up soon on website.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    youve been working on this for over a year now....what do you have, only 2 people working on this? seriously. friggin annoying.
    yeah, its almost funny.
    webosroundup just got pics of walmart tags for $599 version, story up soon on website.
    apparently that will be the only version at retail store.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    when they say June/July, you can bet its July.
    Or September.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast