Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcerwinske
  1.    #1  
    I know samsung has done a little with microusb to hdmi but I dont know how well it works but with the touchpad lacking a dedicated hdmi slot I am hoping that this is implemented.

    Any hope of this, or is it really just asking the one tiny slot to much to stream full HD, work as a usb host and charge the device?
  2. #2  
    if this works, I'd buy one!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. #3  
    I think the difference is whether or not the USB interface can act as a USB Host or not. TouchPad is no USB host, as far as I know.
  4. #4  
    atm I don't believe its possible. I could see internals accomplishing this tho...
    Conne>< Coding

    Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

    Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

    Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

  5. #5  
    Someone's selling them on eBay for only 4.29 if anyone wants to try it.
    No clue if it works though. 6 FT Mini-HDMI to HDMI A to C Cable For HP touch Pad | eBay
  6. #6  
    Won't work. The USB control des not have the proper drivers. Not sure if the hardware would even support it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    I think the difference is whether or not the USB interface can act as a USB Host or not. TouchPad is no USB host, as far as I know.
    I take it back.
    Functional USB Host on Touchpad

    Not sure what this means for a USB to HDMI out, but it's a step in the right direction. Lack of other specific HDMI hardware internals might be a a big roadblock though.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    I take it back.
    Functional USB Host on Touchpad

    Not sure what this means for a USB to HDMI out, but it's a step in the right direction. Lack of other specific HDMI hardware internals might be a a big roadblock though.
    Great find!!!! Im going to microcenter today and see if i can pick up this cable.....
  9. #9  
    the only way is if the usb slot was mhl capable (which would be nice).
    i checked with my cable and it didn't do anything as expected.
    Last edited by lafester; 09/02/2011 at 10:48 AM.
  10. seand26's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #10  
    How else do you confirm it is mhl capable? If the drivers aren't available it shouldn't do anything at this point.
    Last edited by seand26; 09/02/2011 at 11:08 AM.
  11. #11  
    you are suggesting the hp put in a mhl jack but didn't include drivers or let anyone know?
    i suppose it is possible. this is hp.
  12. seand26's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #12  
    No one really knew about the host support, so yes.

    :-)
  13. #13  
    well host support is still in question as far as i'm concerned.
    nobody has been able to verify that it works...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    you are suggesting the hp put in a mhl jack but didn't include drivers or let anyone know?
    i suppose it is possible. this is hp.
    Well they also put in code to support SD cards, there is a verified ability to use a USB keyboard, they didn't announce any of that...

    As you said, this is hp, nothing would surprise me at this point... who knows what folks will find.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well they also put in code to support SD cards, there is a verified ability to use a USB keyboard, they didn't announce any of that...

    As you said, this is hp, nothing would surprise me at this point... who knows what folks will find.
    Searched ebay for "USB OTG cable" and ordered one for 99cents shipped.
    I wonder with a powered hub, if it will recognize a USB adapter with an SD card on the other end.
    Last edited by gergev; 09/02/2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: edit
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Searched ebay for "USB OTG cable" and ordered one for 99cents shipped.
    I wonder with a powered hub, if it will recognize a USB adapter with an SD card on the other end.
    That would be awesome since I already have a small portable card reader.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. #17  
    I used a powered USB hub with a micro-USB to female USB adapter and was able to access my thumbdrives, just had to mount them. I have ordered several cables on amazon and I am waiting to see what I can do with this baby. I want to really know if I can put my 3g USB modes on my hub and maybe using AT&T cm get 3g access. Have anyone tried? I know that people have used external disks also.
  18. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #18  
    The HDMI thing is complete nonsense. The adapter cable being advertised on Ebay is a mislabeled micro-HDMI to full-size-HDMI cable. Some ***** has confused micro-USB with micro-HDMI.

    I don't even think it would be possible to design a micro-USB sized combo jack, since the pins in a micro-USB connector are fully defined and take up the whole space.

Posting Permissions