1.    #1  
    Uplinq 2011:TouchPad Video Clip

This is the video clip presented at the Uplinq 2011 event today where Jon Rubinstein had a Live chat by an hour and in the mid time he presented the clip.

More information about what he said on this post: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...ml#post2978677

Question: Is the first time that you see the "Sparkles" game ?

adobe reader:

and sparkle HD:

Last edited by akitayo; 06/02/2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: more information
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Nice promo video. I saw the official Adobe Reader and Sparkle HD apps which I hadn't seen before. Email and Kindle looked smoother too.
    Agreed, thanks, linked to it in forum below

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2979058
    Wait, Beats audio really only matters when "paired with beats headphones"? What? I thought that Beats was also some cool technology that lets you get pretty awesome sound out of the tiny built in speakers. I guess that's not true?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well the touchpad has two speakers, which is one more than most other tablets as far as i know. but also their sound board design is made in such a way to minimize outside interference from the rest of the board. this all makes the sound better, but without the right equipment the gains will not be so noticable.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    That's a GREAT summary video. Now, HP just needs to split it up into multiple commercials for the TouchPad for advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Wait, Beats audio really only matters when "paired with beats headphones"?
    I'm pretty sure that sounded like a way to sell accessories. However, we still don't know the details beyond just the Beats speakers, and don't know if includes the headphone jack hardware or audio decoder chip. But, this is one of the first times I've heard mention of the sound quality when paired with headphones, so it sounds like it may have that technology built in.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    That video was awesome.
  8.    #8  
    Wait, Beats audio really only matters when "paired with beats headphones"? What? I thought that Beats was also some cool technology that lets you get pretty awesome sound out of the tiny built in speakers. I guess that's not true?

Beats audio on your TouchPad will sound like this:

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    No. It's a way to sell you some headphones to go with your TouchPad. It's going to sound better than the others because most, like the iPad and iPad 2 have terrible sound output.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    from what i read, beats audio is 24 bits .. which is the same grade as the recording studio and yes the mic jack and sound path have extra insulation and materials to transfer sound cleaner. still the speakers on the touchpad are small and even with regular head phones u will only barely tell a difference. you will need big speakers and big power to really be able to see the difference.
    its like a fast cpu running with very small bandwidth.

edit: oh and another point, cds are sampled at 16bits, so even if u get a high quality file, if it came from a cd u wont see the full benefits. so HP can use this to try and upsell its music service they are developing...
    Last edited by ijip; 06/02/2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    HQ official version of the video finally uploaded by HP