Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    Some new details on HP's TouchPad launch
    Well, I donīt if the sources of this guy are reliable but here is what he said:


    My sources on HP's TouchPad have shared some nice details about the forth coming launch. Some we knew, some we didn't, and some I've reported before but are worth mentioning again.

    Worldwide Release date now scheduled for June 12th, 2011, with some US stores getting it the week before.

    US Price for 32GB WiFi TouchPad will be $599 (including 10W AC adapter)

    TouchPad Case and TouchStone Stand charging station will also be available on the 12th. Around $60 each.

    HP App Catalog is going international before the end of June with apps being available world wide at same time.

    Facebook App will ship with TouchPad and have Facebook Messaging built into Synergy (Synergy merges information from several sources into a single view on your WebOs Device. All of your info remains in its original location online. it works with Contacts, Calendars, Chat/Messaging, and more.)

    Kindle App & Sports Illustrated Apps will also be available at release date, with other Magazine apps shipping in first few weeks.

    No release date for Netflix App (under development), but it will run Flash Netflix. The delay is related to netflix licensing deals and device security verification before making it available.

    HP's Cloud Music Store will be available, but as BETA

    The Daily App under development will be released by end of summer.

    Also it looks like it will be July or Aug for the Pre 3 to be released, with Sprint getting 4G version and Verizon 3G World Phone Version.

    I will add the Amazon TouchPad possibilities I posted before:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-versions.html


    Source: Clayton Morris - Blog - Some new details on HP's TouchPad*launch
    Last edited by akitayo; 06/01/2011 at 11:36 PM.
  2. #2  
    Also it looks like it will be July or Aug for the Pre 3 to be released, with Sprint getting 4G version and Verizon 3G World Phone Version
    Don't know if any of this is accurate or what, but I can certainly wait until July for a Spring Pre 3, as long as they're getting one!!
  3. #3  
    This was his Dec 21st story on the TouchPad based on his sources, so judge for yourself about his sources:


    ...HP will introduce three models of the PalmPad at CES, with minor hardware differences distinguishing them. All three will run a new iteration of the WebOS operating system, version 2.5.1; they're collectively a spin-off of the never-released HP Slate. A fourth version won't be shown off at CES, I'm told, but it will be custom made for university students to prove how versatile the machines can be.

    The consumer version of the PalmPad will run on Sprint's fast 4G network, but otherwise it has hardware specs nearly identical to Apple’s iPad. There are minor differences, of course: It has a mini HDMI port, for example, while the iPad requires a special dongle for video output. And there are front- and rear-facing cameras (1.3 megapixel and 3 megapixel, respectively), both with LED flashes.

    The PalmPad is slightly thinner than the iPad with rounded edges closer to the Amazon Kindle. At 1.25 lbs, the PalmPad also sports a USB 3.0 port and a "multi-switch" just like the one on the Palm Pre.

    The university version sports an 8.9-inch screen and will have access to a university’s internal educational software; it'll also sport any other specs specifically requested by the institution. Students will start using these in the Fall 2011 semester, HP hopes.

    The three versions being shown off at CES haven't been finalized yet, but will probably have a larger screen than the university version, one nearly identical to the 9.7-inch LCD on the iPad. ..

    EXCLUSIVE: iPad Competitor Coming Soon From Palm - FoxNews.com
  4. #4  
    There are 2 versions of this thread: here is my post from the second one:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2979024
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    There are 2 versions of this thread: here is my post from the second one:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2979024
    Well that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies...
  6. #6  
    and, then it was so!
  7. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    No release date for Netflix App (under development), but it will run Flash Netflix. The delay is related to netflix licensing deals and device security verification before making it available.
    Netflix doesn't run on Flash. It runs on Silverlight on desktops.
  8. nhavar's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Netflix doesn't run on Flash. It runs on Silverlight on desktops.
    LIES! LIES! I tell you! Quiet, you! With your words and your facts and your "reality"! I'll sit here with my rumors, my precious, PRECIOUS, rumors. And I'll love them. Each and every one of them! Eat that FACT MAN!
  9. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    LIES! LIES! I tell you! Quiet, you! With your words and your facts and your "reality"! I'll sit here with my rumors, my precious, PRECIOUS, rumors. And I'll love them. Each and every one of them! Eat that FACT MAN!
    Oh, sorry. We're in Fox News land, I forgot. No need for facts here, carry on!
  10. #10  
    A Flash-powered app would make me seriously sad. We're supposed to be KILLING Flash in favor of HTML5.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Don't know if any of this is accurate or what, but I can certainly wait until July for a Spring Pre 3, as long as they're getting one!!
    A birdie was saying that Sprint is getting a 4G phone in the same time frame but it is NOT the Pre3 but a slab. In addition, the veer is coming to sprint too.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Some new details on HP's TouchPad launch
    Well, I donīt if the sources of this guy are reliable but here is what he said:


    My sources on HP's TouchPad have shared some nice details about the forth coming launch. Some we knew, some we didn't, and some I've reported before but are worth mentioning again.

    Worldwide Release date now scheduled for June 12th, 2011, with some US stores getting it the week before.

    US Price for 32GB WiFi TouchPad will be $599 (including 10W AC adapter)

    TouchPad Case and TouchStone Stand charging station will also be available on the 12th. Around $60 each.

    HP App Catalog is going international before the end of June with apps being available world wide at same time.

    Facebook App will ship with TouchPad and have Facebook Messaging built into Synergy (Synergy merges information from several sources into a single view on your WebOs Device. All of your info remains in its original location online. it works with Contacts, Calendars, Chat/Messaging, and more.)

    Kindle App & Sports Illustrated Apps will also be available at release date, with other Magazine apps shipping in first few weeks.

    No release date for Netflix App (under development), but it will run Flash Netflix. The delay is related to netflix licensing deals and device security verification before making it available.

    HP's Cloud Music Store will be available, but as BETA

    The Daily App under development will be released by end of summer.

    Also it looks like it will be July or Aug for the Pre 3 to be released, with Sprint getting 4G version and Verizon 3G World Phone Version.

    I will add the Amazon TouchPad possibilities I posted before:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-versions.html


    Source: Clayton Morris - Blog - Some new details on HP's TouchPad*launch
    You sure its the Pre3 4G coming to sprint and not a 4G Sprint Slab HP WebOS phone?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Also it looks like it will be July or Aug for the Pre 3 to be released, with Sprint getting 4G version and Verizon 3G World Phone Version
    Thank you for sharing this, I'm sick of people spewing Sprint Chat sessions as news.

    But one thing that seems odd is that there are no FCC documents about a 4G radio version of the Pre 3. This leads me to believe that either your source might be wrong about the Pre 3 coming to Sprint or the release date is off.

    Does anyone know what the usual time frame between an FCC doc and the release of a smartphone is?
  14. #14  
    Veer FCC filing: Sat Feb 12th. HP Veer in FCC systems, small enough to be a ghost in their machine | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community.

    Veer release: May 15th. AT&T Veer 4G available May 15th for $99 on contract | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community.

    We're looking at about 3 month turnaround period. So if we saw an FCC filing for a 4G Pre 3 tomorrow, it wouldn't be until September. Here's to hoping we see one within the next week or two...
  15. #15  
    Man I really hope they have both the 16GB and 32GB versions available at launch.. If they don't, that will look very bad for them.
  16. #16  
    The mention of a Flash version of Netflix is a big hole in the huge wall of rumors that is this post. I don't believe any version of Netflix runs on Flash.

    75% of this post seems to be a compliation of the rumors we've already posted here. The other 25%, if you can call it that much, is news of a kindle and sports illustrated app, and of a 4G Pre 3 that certainly hasn't gone through the FCC yet. I also find it extremely strange there is no mention of the AT&T Pre3 when that was the first to get the FCC stamp of approval...

    I'm calling BS. Any details here that turn out to be correct should be attributed to the original rumor posters, not this guy.
  17. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    The mention of a Flash version of Netflix is a big hole in the huge wall of rumors that is this post. I don't believe any version of Netflix runs on Flash.

    75% of this post seems to be a compliation of the rumors we've already posted here. The other 25%, if you can call it that much, is news of a kindle and sports illustrated app, and of a 4G Pre 3 that certainly hasn't gone through the FCC yet. I also find it extremely strange there is no mention of the AT&T Pre3 when that was the first to get the FCC stamp of approval...

    I'm calling BS. Any details here that turn out to be correct should be attributed to the original rumor posters, not this guy.
    this
  18. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #18  
    yeah, sprint may pass up on pre3 if they are getting that 4g slab device.... i just hope they annouce it soon because i have 3 lines ready for upgrades =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    A Flash-powered app would make me seriously sad. We're supposed to be KILLING Flash in favor of HTML5.
    Who says? Apple?


    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    But one thing that seems odd is that there are no FCC documents about a 4G radio version of the Pre 3. This leads me to believe that either your source might be wrong about the Pre 3 coming to Sprint or the release date is off.
    This is one reason I don't believe this guy...

    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    The mention of a Flash version of Netflix is a big hole in the huge wall of rumors that is this post. I don't believe any version of Netflix runs on Flash.
    This is another...

    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    75% of this post seems to be a compliation of the rumors we've already posted here. The other 25%, if you can call it that much, is news of a kindle and sports illustrated app, and of a 4G Pre 3 that certainly hasn't gone through the FCC yet.
    And this is the other. Any one of us could have combined all of the rumors that have surfaced and made this up.

    Not to mention his previous 'PalmPad' predictions were about 5% true.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Who says? Apple?
    No, just everyone who cares about and understands the future and advancement of web technology.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions