Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Veer FCC filing: Sat Feb 12th. HP Veer in FCC systems, small enough to be a ghost in their machine | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community.

Veer release: May 15th. AT&T Veer 4G available May 15th for $99 on contract | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community.

We're looking at about 3 month turnaround period. So if we saw an FCC filing for a 4G Pre 3 tomorrow, it wouldn't be until September. Here's to hoping we see one within the next week or two...
    Aren't companies allowed to request confidentiality until a certain date? Isn't that how Apple has their phones tested and approved by the FCC but nothing is in their database until an announcement is made.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Aren't companies allowed to request confidentiality until a certain date? Isn't that how Apple has their phones tested and approved by the FCC but nothing is in their database until an announcement is made.
    But HP hasn't done that for their others going through, so why would they do it for just one? (Unless they really do just love toying with us Sprint customers.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    But HP hasn't done that for their others going through, so why would they do it for just one? (Unless they really do just love toying with us Sprint customers.)
    this.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Pre³ and Veer were already announced, so hiding the FCC reports is pointless. Keeping a lid on a new Sprint slab however may have some value. Hiding a Pre³ for Sprint would do nothing with but torment Sprint users (so clearly that's what they are doing :P ).
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Some new details on HP's TouchPad launch
    Well, I don΄t if the sources of this guy are reliable but here is what he said...
    Oh oh, just found out your news source is an anchor for Fox and Friends:

His bio pic is awesome!

Clayton Morris

Clayton Morris

Clayton Morris joined FOX News Channel (FNC) in 2008 and is the co-host of "FOX & Friends Weekend." He also hosts a technology show called "Gadgets and Games with Clayton Morris" on FOXNews.com's Strategy Room, which looks at the latest gadgets and gizmos on the market.

Prior to joining FNC, Morris worked for FOX 29 in Philadelphia where he was the host of "Good Day Philadelphia." Before that, he worked in Orlando on the launch of the WB Network's nationally syndicated morning show "The Daily Buzz," he was an anchor at WVVA-TV in Bluefield, West Virginia, and he was a political reporter at Montana's CBS affiliate.

Morris got his start in television as a producer for "Good Day L.A." at KTTV in Los Angeles. He attended the University of Pittsburgh where he received degrees in U.S. history and broadcast journalism.

Read more: Clayton Morris - Biography - FoxNews.com
    Whoa. That bio pic of Clayton is so cool!

NOT.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm just saying the reliability of Fox and Friends especially when it comes to tech is less then impressive:

Fox and Friends Falls For Fake Story About Los Angeles Ordering 10,000 Jetpacks
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm just saying the reliability of Fox and Friends especially when it comes to tech is less then impressive:

[url= and Friends Falls For Fake Story About Los Angeles Ordering 10,000 Jetpacks[/url]
    ...Only slightly...

Jetpacks?! Really?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Jetpacks?! Really?!?
    The Martin Jetpack is an experimental aircraft. Its tradename calls it a "jet pack", but it is not jet- or rocket-powered.

The Martin Jetpack - Martin Aircraft Company || The Martin Jetpack
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Flash Netflix makes sense. You can't use html5 as it has no DRM, so a flash player for netflix would support any device that has flash in it (touchpad, playbook, etc).
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I just received an email from an "inside sales rep" for small and medium businesses, asking me if I'd like to be on the sales list for the release (um, yes please).

per the email, no firm release date and no price set but there is a phone number to call if I want to discuss the product.

here's the spec listing from the email:

The hardware specifications we have at this time are:

Features and Specs of the TouchPad:
    • Operating system: WebOS
    • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-cpu APQ8060 1.2ghz
    • Display: 9.7-inch diagonal XGA capacitive, multi-touch screen with a vibrant, 18-bit color, 1,024x768 resolution display
    • Storage: Option of either 16gb or 32gb internal storage
    • High-performance browser with full access to the web, including Support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1, for rich flash-based web content
    • Wireless connectivity:
    o Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1x authentication
    o A-GPS (3g only)
    o Bluetooth wireless technology 2.1 +EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
    • Multimedia options: Music, photos, video recording and playback and a 3.5mm headset/headphone/microphone jack
    o Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio
    o Front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam for live video calling
    • E-Mail: EAS (for access to corporate Microsoft Exchange servers) and personal email support (Google Gmail push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP)
    • Light sensor, accelerometer, compass (magnetometer) and gyroscope
    • Rechargeable 6,300 mAh (typical) battery
    • Micro-USB for charging and PC Connect, with USB 2.0 hi-speed
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Natali Del Conte Morris has a something for you doubters:

Everte Statum!
    Um, what are we supposed to do with this?

Are you trying to hurt me?
    32GB $599 again! Where is 16Gb? do you have to wait a month? or can only buy 16GB online from HP?
    OK so the App Catalog goes 'International'. Is this only for 3.0 apps?
    OK...I've read that the Touchpad will be priced virtually identical to the ipad2. Yet I keep seeing a $599 price point for the Touchpad while an iPad2 (wifi only) sells for $499. So is there really a chance that the Touchpad will sell for a whopping $100 more??
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    semprini your comparing apples to oranges, the 499 ipad2 is the 16 gig version, the 599 touchpad version is 32gigs.
    although no price points have been confirmed, it is expected the 16 gig of the touchpad to be inline with the 16 gig ipad2, at 499...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    OK...I've read that the Touchpad will be priced virtually identical to the ipad2. Yet I keep seeing a $599 price point for the Touchpad while an iPad2 (wifi only) sells for $499. So is there really a chance that the Touchpad will sell for a whopping $100 more??
    IPad2 w/32gb & wifi only goes for $599, so same as TouchPad.

Ipad2 w/16gb & wifi only goes for $499 (speculation that 16gb TouchPad will be priced here. I don't think 16gb price has been leaked yet)

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Where is my WiFi 3G for my travels to Europe for Oktoberfest this year...Laptop was too heavy last yr.
    Last edited by Gianny; 06/03/2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    semprini your comparing apples to oranges, the 499 ipad2 is the 16 gig version, the 599 touchpad version is 32gigs.
    although no price points have been confirmed, it is expected the 16 gig of the touchpad to be inline with the 16 gig ipad2, at 499...
    Why are there so many confirmed quotes of 32gb touchpad, while none for 16gb?

If hp decides to only release 32gb version into retail store at launch, the entry level touch pad will be expensive than entry level ipad.

We shall see if hp intends to make such a lousy decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    My bad....I thought I saw a 32g iPad2 on B&H for $479. I'm losing my mind...no biggie.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast