Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    What compatability is there between the TP and the Sprint Pre- ? Obviously no TTS but what about sms and phone calls? Will those transfer?
    As far as I understand, phone calls and SMS are actually routed using Bluetooth, but in a proprietary way, not the standard profiles. However the 1.4.5 code will not have support for these, the only way the Pre Classic will support all that stuff is to get upgraded officially to 2.x. Which we know doesn't exist.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    thats not what I was hoping to hear.
    As I've said before, there could theoretically be a homebrew patch. Have you donated today? =)
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    not lately! but i sure can ......
    there is no reason to think calls won't work with the Pre-.

text messaging is what I'm anxious to find the answer.

my Garmin can take calls from my Pre, so the TP should be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is no reason to think calls won't work with the Pre-.

text messaging is what I'm anxious to find the answer.

my Garmin can take calls from my Pre, so the TP should be able to.
    Although I do not disagree, it's always little things like this, that when they don't work you sit there and scratch your head at why not.

Example: I own a zune HD and an '11 edge (has my ford touch), you would think that right out the gate MS would have features like hearted/favorite tracks, smart dj playlist, browse current tracklist, or even as far as browse device for other media like photos or videos (considering you can change your background and watch movies) but those functions are missing.

It's not a deal breaker that those features weren't included but when I'm consistenly ruuning into connectivity issues that's when I have a problem. It will say does not recognize the device plugged into usb, or my favorite is when it says there are no playable files on the connected device (all of this while I'm using their Zune). So yes even though I would expect them to support the pre at least for calls, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 06/02/2011 at 09:02 AM.
    in the case of bluetooth calling, garmin and palm didn't have to collaborate for my Centro to take calls to and from my gps. If that works, I can't see a scenario where the touchpad wouldn't. If rumors about release this month (which I doubt) then we will know as soon as someone pairs with the display unit at walmart.
    I am able do the phone with no problems, but the texts dont go through, and it looks like I am configured correctly in the pref section. I also am on the pre minus. Anyone have anything?

people are complaining of echo though while using the TP for my calls. Would like to get the texts working. Suggestions welcome, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    What compatability is there between the TP and the Sprint Pre- ? Obviously no TTS but what about sms and phone calls? Will those transfer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    As far as I understand, phone calls and SMS are actually routed using Bluetooth, but in a proprietary way, not the standard profiles. However the 1.4.5 code will not have support for these, the only way the Pre Classic will support all that stuff is to get upgraded officially to 2.x. Which we know doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    in the case of bluetooth calling, garmin and palm didn't have to collaborate for my Centro to take calls to and from my gps. If that works, I can't see a scenario where the touchpad wouldn't. If rumors about release this month (which I doubt) then we will know as soon as someone pairs with the display unit at walmart.
    You can connect your 1.4.5 Pre with the TouchPad via bluetooth and conduct calls. Text messages currently havent been proven to work. I think this has been asked & answered already. Lets hope homebrew can help us out.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Pre2s and Veers need an update for SMS to work over bluetooth. Phone calls work on 1.4.5 devices and up.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Hmm, not sure how much truth to it, but an HP guy @ Best Buy said the big TouchPad update was coming 6/24 and it would fix the texting issue... Although he couldn't say what devices it would enable it on.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The SMS issue is for the Veer and the Pre3 as those are the only devices at this time that are confirmed to have that functionality with the TouchPad. The Pre2 can theoretically do it but currently there is no information on the Pre2 (or legacy devices) and whether or not it will get the SMS functionality.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    The SMS issue is for the Veer and the Pre3 as those are the only devices at this time that are confirmed to have that functionality with the TouchPad. The Pre2 can theoretically do it but currently there is no information on the Pre2 (or legacy devices) and whether or not it will get the SMS functionality.
    Veer and Pre3 yes as they have the BT profile needed. The Pre2 would need a 2.1.x or 2.2.x update and the Pres\Pixis would need a 1.4.x or 1.5 update to add the missing BT profile (which we know is not going to happen since anything past Pre2 has been obsoleted.)

The calls part is great for work since my PreOG can remain on the touchstone and I can still field support calls from work.