Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i was hoping that by now it wouldnt have any lag but if you look at when he tries to scroll down on the emails you see just that.

also, did you guys notice when he put the volume up on the video, the on-screen volume icon was upside down? whats up with that?
    someone else mentioned in the original thread this video was posted in that it looked to be an earlier beta of the o/s since the native apps are missing the darker theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    i was hoping that by now it wouldnt have any lag but if you look at when he tries to scroll down on the emails you see just that.

also, did you guys notice when he put the volume up on the video, the on-screen volume icon was upside down? whats up with that?
    Here we go again with this lag bs. I saw the scrolling & it didn't look laggy. But whatever. Buy it if you want or don't buy it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Yeah it seems laggy and underperforming. I always said they shouldn't have gone with qualcomm....

I think the upside down issue was that the video didn't play in the correct orientation.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Here we go again with this lag bs. I saw the scrolling & it didn't look laggy. But whatever. Buy it if you want or don't buy it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    How did it not look laggy? It clearly was.

But now that I read the other comment above, I think this is an earlier version of the TP. The dark theme IS missing....
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I wouldnt call it laggy at all. I think the email issue was that he "tapped" the screen (to the right) by accident and it registered as a tap instead of a swipe.
    sometimes people see what they want to see... or not see. ya see?

Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    How did it not look laggy? It clearly was.

But now that I read the other comment above, I think this is an earlier version of the TP. The dark theme IS missing....
    Well, laggy or not, we cannot have any kind of certainty unless we do get our greedy hands on the thing.
    And as to the alleged lagging whilst scrolling through the e-Mails - I owned an iPad (before I got fed up and passed the buck to my parents) and I always encountered some lagging in this particular regard as well.
    Let's not start a fight over something not even on the market yet and let's hope HP will have it made as speedy as possible when it launches. Just my two cents ...
    Last edited by PatBateman; 06/01/2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Grammar^^
    Also, they had a problem connecting to the local wi-fi, hence the browser error

Sometimes there's just too much complaining and.. oh well.
    Did he say 64gb????????????????????
    About :40????
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Indeed it was laggy. Hopefully it was an older version and we'll see on the 12th. Alarmists, relax please..

The one thing I want to point out is that this guy appears to wave his fingers around above the screen alot, and you can't really tell when he's intending to make something happen, versus when he's just gesturing. Not a very helpful trait in a tablet demo guy..
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    Did he say 64gb????????????????????
    About :40????
    I think it was 16, 32, AND 64GB. Go SanDisk!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    The one thing I want to point out is that this guy appears to wave his fingers around above the screen alot, and you can't really tell when he's intending to make something happen, versus when he's just gesturing. Not a very helpful trait in a tablet demo guy..
    I ended up watching for the ripples to figure out if he was aiming for the screen or just using his finger to highlight interesting parts. Needs more practice there.

However, the guy taking the video tried a couple of times to swipe stuff himself, and just couldn't get it to register. HA!
    Yeah, I see what you mean about the video guy swiping too. Not a very reassuring leak video.. Leaning toward the belief HP has enough experience, expertise, and has taken enough time with this thing, that they wouldn't release software in this condition..
    Yes, it IS laggy (go play with an iPad 2 if you think it's not). Also when the video's playing, the volume indicator and the scrubber were both upside down.
    Sorry naysayers, this video moved me from about 75% sure I'll be getting a TP to about 95% sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry naysayers, this video moved me from about 75% sure I'll be getting a TP to about 95% sure.
    I'm not a 'naysayer', but i was curious. what about this video moved you? i mean there's plenty of other really great demos that represent the TP much nicer than this one. just curious.
    I don't understand how people who are fans of webos(the name says it all) do not understand why there is lag in opening apps. Its called using interpreted code to write apps. There is always a possibility of a lag when opening apps because of this. That doesn't mean that they can't improve scrolling throughout the experience but it does mean some apps will "lag" when you open them as well as when you navigate through them because the code is interpreted as you use the app. I guess I could be wrong but that is my understanding of using interpreted languages vs compiled languages.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 06/01/2011 at 12:31 PM.
    some people here are getting waaaayyy too protective over a product they've never used. some of us are merely pointing out that there is still some lag in the OS. that is all. nobody has bashed it or called it a POS. so calm down people. we all want webOS to do well, but trying to disregard whatever short comings it has doesn't help anyone.
    I expect everything to have some type of lag to it. period. I'm waiting along with MesBoogieBrown for what apps are to be installed/announced.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast