Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From The Gadget Show (UK TV Show):

The two most important quotes are from Eric Cador (Head of HP Europe) - "Number 1 Plus" guy!:

"The Touchpad is here in Cannes, er, a few weeks before shipments"
    -
    and later on...
    -
    "As we speak, we are building an infrastructure to have the thousands and thousands and thousands of applications, and those applications will be available as we launch our products. But beyond those millions of thousands of applications we are really making sure that the top 20 or the top 50 applications in each country are optimised for webOS."

There is also a demo of the Touchpad by Olivier Milongo (EMEA Tablet Manager).
    It's saying the video is not available to view in my country. Anyway around that?

Based on those quotes above, this number 1 plus guy sounds like a great hype man for webOS.
    "millions if thousands of applications" - wow, this guy doesn't hold back, lol.
  3.    #3  
    Not that I know of Dieter had that problem too...
    Not available to me: San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    It's saying the video is not available to view in my country. Anyway around that?

Based on those quotes above, this number 1 plus guy sounds like a great hype man for webOS.
    "millions if thousands of applications" - wow, this guy doesn't hold back, lol.
    Just find a proxy server in the UK. Google it.. =)
    nice video.. they always have the worst person demoing, though (and ALWAYS) showing off that damn recipe website. Hope that site paid for all the advertising.
    Anyone recognize this app?? http://my.jetscreenshot.com/3530/20110531-ybob-33kb.jpg

it looks like skype, but he hit "P" first, so don't think it is.
    People Magazine is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    Anyone recognize this app?? http://my.jetscreenshot.com/3530/20110531-ybob-33kb.jpg

it looks like skype, but he hit "P" first, so don't think it is.

Is it People Magazine?
    Yeah I think it's people magazine, actually.
    Still looks slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Still looks slow.
    Really? It looks incredibly smooth now. Don't get confused. A lot of that footage was just reused from the early days of the Touchpad. Just look at the Touchpad as it's handled by Olivier Milongo (the most recent footage to date). I didn't notice a hint of lag. Looks great!

As a plus, around 1:09, notice that email isn't open. When he goes to open email, it's INSTANT.
    Last edited by Azure Viper; 05/31/2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Still looks slow.
    No way. The most recent glimpse, which is only the stuff with the guy sitting on the couch, looks blazing fast. Please help me understand why you think that was slow. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Viper View Post
    Really? It looks incredibly smooth now. Don't get confused. A lot of that footage was just reused from the early days of the Touchpad. Just look at the Touchpad as it's handled by Olivier Milongo (the most recent footage to date). I didn't notice a hint of lag. Looks great!

As a plus, around 1:09, notice that email isn't open. When he goes to open email, it's INSTANT.
    Exactly. I noticed the email thing, that was SWEET. This is the most recent, up to date video we've seen of it, and it looks excellent.

Get it in my hands, asap, HP and you can have my money.
    They have to stop showing that laggy citrix receiver demo. It's remote login for just about any device with a browser and because of that doesn't show off well.

When the guy stacked the cards in the beginning of the video the card followed far behind his finger. Maybe this is just a design choice but I am not sure why.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    whoa, the device is really UBERfast!!
    Now I made it public

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Thanks for the new video, HP get this thing on sale! I want one.
    I am impressed with how a wide variety of people at HP that had nothing to do with Palm are real excited about webOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast