1.    #1  
    Ever play a game on the Pre, so intense, you get to the part where you have to focus super hard and need to play to perfection, just when you've almost got it, BAM! You've hit the gesture area with your thumb and you're into card view. Sure, the game paused, and you can resume it. So you tap on the card, completely ready to resume finishing your multi-kill at the last boss level of the game, and you die.*

Not gonna happen with the TouchPad.

*exaggeration and embellishment completely necessary
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Will most likely not happen on the TP. But I saw the up gesture to get into cardview ;-)
    LOL.

I was thinking the same thing.. and yes it's happened, but usually the resume is okay.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Hmm, this is news? Ugh.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Hmm, this is news? Ugh.
    It's something I didn't think about until today!

Probably my biggest gripe with WebOS. Doesn't happen often, but stinks when it does.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Hmm, this is news? Ugh.
    For me this was from webosconnect in Berlin:
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Will most likely not happen on the TP. But I saw the up gesture to get into cardview ;-)
    No need to press the damn homebutton.
    Wait, you're serious? You saw the TouchPad being put into card view through an up-swipe from the bezel to the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Wait, you're serious? You saw the TouchPad being put into card view through an up-swipe from the bezel to the screen?
    Thats what I said. It was working in landscape and portrait.
    Are I serious?
    If you saw some posts from me, judge ourself.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Please tell us some more.....
    Thats what I said. It was working in landscape and portrait.
    Are I serious?
    If you saw some posts from me, judge ourself.
    I wasn't questioning your honesty; it's just that what you saw is kind of a big deal and I wanted to confirm I read your post correctly.

I looked for a thread on this and didn't see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post

Please tell us some more.....
    There is no gesture area on the TP. But if you swipe from the edge up you get into card view. It was not so easy to get it every time, but it has worked.

EDIT: Remember this was still beta version. I don't know if this will be in the final product. But I really really hope.
    I guess a similar thing happens with the capacitive buttons on Android and WP7 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I guess a similar thing happens with the capacitive buttons on Android and WP7 too.
    What do you mean? The buttons on A and wb7 are (capacitive) buttons.
    The TP has nothing around the screen. It just recognize when you enter the screen from the bottom.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm guessing this will work in a similar way to the Surfcube Browser for WP7.

Wow. I really hope the upswipe is true. I honestly think I'd hate getting into card view by pressing a button ala ipad. I'm sure they can program something for it to be able to read an upswipe without a gesture area. But I'm no programmer and it's probably alot harder than my simplistic mind can imagine lol.
    What do you mean? The buttons on A and wb7 are (capacitive) buttons.
    The TP has nothing around the screen. It just recognize when you enter the screen from the bottom.
    I mean you can easily end up droping out of your game by pressing back or home on WP7 or A. Not talking about the TP.
    If upswipe is there, I'm pretty sure it will work in the exact same way that downswipe works in all current phones, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $capacitive$ $area$ $above$ $the$ $screen$.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If upswipe is there, I'm pretty sure it will work in the exact same way that downswipe works in all current phones, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $capacitive$ $area$ $above$ $the$ $screen$.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Good thinking. IIRC, the Playbook doesn't have a touch surface on the bezel either ... It can tell when a finger starts a drag offscreen, is all. This is probably the same thing.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Good thinking. IIRC, the Playbook doesn't have a touch surface on the bezel either ... It can tell when a finger starts a drag offscreen, is all. This is probably the same thing.
    Interesting and I did not know that...the playbook has no off-screen gesture areas. I took forgranted RIM was doing the same things as the Palm Pre and had a Gesture area on Top, Bottom, Left and Right. Either way, it is good to know this can all be done with Gestures...if HP sees a need for it and what I consider HP's biggest flaw so far when it comes to webOS. HP "is that necessary...nope" and drop kicks the gesture footprint we've all come to love except when playing games! Sorli...