Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    original post
    P|C has pictures showing walmart' stock of 32GB Touchpad.

Now, why only 32GB? Will there be a 16GB version at $499 on the release day? or 32GB $599 touchpad will be the lowest price for a while? Because that would be a big mistake.
    Now some people confirmed that 16GB will only be available later and/or online. and only 32Gb will be available at launch.

Why do you think want to do this? Do you think their reason behind this decision is good or bad?
    Last edited by clevin; 06/06/2011 at 05:13 PM.
    I'd rather have the 16gb as well, I have no use for 32gb of storage on a tablet and I want the touchpad for the least amount I can
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Hopefully they release both versions together
    They should. It wouldn't make sence that they would ship at different times.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I also hope they have both versions because I am interested in 16gb model.

Also, why is $100 still the standard for 16gb extra flash memory? Flash memory is so cheap. Are there any other differences between the 16 and 32 model other than the storage?

Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post

Also, why is $100 still the standard for 16gb extra flash memory? Flash memory is so cheap. Are there any other differences between the 16 and 32 model other than the storage?

Nice to see someone call HP out on this! Considering how much grief Apple received from people in this forum for making a $100 difference between the 16GB and the 32GB, I was wondering if this was going to slide by.

I totally get why they (Apple, and apparently HP) adopt this pricing structure, but yeah. It's lame to charge an extra $100 for 16 GB.
    I'm looking @ the 16GB version as well... Unless HP Wants to sell me a 32GB @ a developer discount?

Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post

we consumers set the pricing standards with our wallets.
    I think the 16GB version will be released at the same time, no reason for it not to be.

However, I do not see me buying a 16GB version, much too small for any of my needs, cloud is nice and all but when you are just getting the wifi version it cannot be relied on all the time. If I got one the smallest one I could deal with is 32
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    I think the 16GB version will be released at the same time, no reason for it not to be.
    i understand there are people who prefer a 32GB version, but majority people will go with 16GB version (there is a poll on this very topic here at P|C).

I m just wondering if HP will intentionally delay release of 16GB version so 32GB version can stay in the market alone so more people will buy it.

HP could have solve the problem with an SD slot, considering toucpad isn't a thin, or small device.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i understand there are people who prefer a 32GB version, but majority people will go with 16GB version (there is a poll on this very topic here at P|C).

I m just wondering if HP will intentionally delay release of 16GB version so 32GB version can stay in the market alone so more people will buy it.

HP could have solve the problem with an SD slot, considering toucpad isn't a thin, or small device.
    Really? I have 5 friends w/the fruit pad & only 1 has the 16G version. The other 4 splurged for the 64G 3G version. That's not scientific, of course, which is why I was asking the question.

Maret research firm, Context, says the 64G wifi iPad 2 is the most popular version of the iPad:

The Best-Selling iPad is the 64GB 3G iPad 2, Says Context - iPad News Hub | iPad News Hub

I know they are brainwashed zombies...I am just saying.
    To his there own. I will be getting the 32GB version though I wish they had a 64GB one also. Also I do wish they had a SD and/or Memory Stick Duo slot/s.

------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I'm getting the 16GB one for sure. I bought a 32GB PlayBook but now I kind of wonder why I didn't just go for 16GB. I just don't put a lot of stuff on this kind of device really. And even if I want to watch a bunch of movies 16GB is still plenty.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I will probably wait for the 3G/3.5G/4G model to arrive later.
    I doubt I will need more than 16 GB on a Touchpad. I have more than 4 GB free on my Pre-...
  16.    #16  
    more and more stores are shown to be stocking 32Gb version, and none shows 16Gb.

I hope HP won't be this stupid.
    more and more stores are shown to be stocking 32Gb version, and none shows 16Gb.

Check out the new front page article. It looks like OfficeMax may carry both.

OfficeMax to stock TouchPad in July; Wal-Mart looks like a lock for June [exclusive] | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    If you have an mp3 collection of any size, a 16gb tablet will fill up. Between my music and apps, my 32 gb iPad is 60% full after just 2 months.

There are definitely benefits to 32gb.

Unless they price it the same as Apple's 16GB.....
    Until it can play divx/xvid/mkv files, there is no need for more than 16gb.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast