Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    If you have an mp3 collection of any size, a 16gb tablet will fill up. Between my music and apps, my 32 gb iPad is 60% full after just 2 months.

There are definitely benefits to 32gb.
    You've heard of streaming, no? You have read on Precentral over the last week or two that HP is working on a cloud service that will sync your music collection and allow you to stream the music, no? You have heard that Google and Amazon if offering cloud storage so that you could stream you music, no? So why would you fill up your 'pad' with all of your music? That seems silly. I can see putting your top 10 most listened to songs on your pad just in case you're not near a wifi signal, but all of your music?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    You've heard of streaming, no? You have read on Precentral over the last week or two that HP is working on a cloud service that will sync your music collection and allow you to stream the music, no? You have heard that Google and Amazon if offering cloud storage so that you could stream you music, no? So why would you fill up your 'pad' with all of your music? That seems silly. I can see putting your top 10 most listened to songs on your pad just in case you're not near a wifi signal, but all of your music?
    My Pre Plus has 0.9 GB free, and that's after me going through and erasing music I know I don't listen to often.
    And I only have about 6GB of music on it TYVM, while I have about 8-9 GB of movies/television shows. Streaming isn't going to cut it until we have nationwide LTE, and where I live we don't even have 3G from AT&T or T-Mobile.
    I rarely get fast internet speeds away from my house's wifi (Verizon's 3G has never been faster than 1Mbps in my experience, and from what I've seen Sprint's 3G is even slower). And with Verizon getting rid of unlimited data, AT&T lacking unlimited data anymore, T-Mobile throttling those who use more than 5GB of data, and Sprint's 3G almost being as slow as T-Mobile's 2G, streaming isn't an option.

Don't go justifying HP not including a 64GB storage option - I'm a consumer and I want it. If there isn't an SD card slot or USB on-the-go, I want enough storage to be comfortable knowing I'll have space for my media.
    Not to mention that 64GB tablets have the greatest profit margin, if they price it on par with the $100 pricing difference for storage they'll be making a lot more money than if they only had 16GB and 32GB options.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  3.    #23  
    Multiple sources, when talk about touchpad launch, only mentions $599 32GB version.

I now predict (hehe ) that HP will only release 32GB version for the first month of launch.

Bad, Bad HP, you will regret this.
  4.    #24  
    So the news is confirmed.

Why do you think Hp made such a decision?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So the news is confirmed.

Why do you think Hp made such a decision?
    Not confirmed but it does seem the only way to get a 16GB at launch will be through Hp.com

Hmm, maybe they will have a bundle for the 32GB touchpad at 599 at launch, maybe with a case or touchstone, or both.

The 16GB wont have this bundle but you can still buy it for 499 at HP.com.

If the HP bundles the 32GB with a touchstone, I will 100% be buying that even though I told myself I will only be buying the 16GB
  6.    #26  
    the walmart sticker is on engadget.

Guess what the comments say? "too expensive".
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    the walmart sticker is on engadget.

Guess what the comments say? "too expensive".
    Yeah because 32GB iPads are cheaper.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Yeah because 32GB iPads are cheaper.
    yeah right, at least they can buy a 16Gb version ipad in stores. try finding a 16Gb touchpad in a store.

And you made statement like "of course toucpad is gonna be exactly as attractive as ipad 2 for most people", which is simply wishful thinking. Follow your logic, iPad should have 33% of market now, not 85%. Get real.

sarcastic all you want, matter of fact is, when a buyer walk into a retail store,, entry level touchpad is $100 more expensive than iPad, $200 mor expensive than android pad.

It gonna cost HP. you just wait and see.
    Last edited by clevin; 06/07/2011 at 08:12 PM.
  9.    #29  
    anybody asked HP rep about this? Will there be 16GB version in stores on launch day?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12