Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I noticed that the iPad rotates the wallpaper when rotated.

Does the TP rotate the wallpaper when it is rotated?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Found it!

On a Mac hold down the "fn" key while tapping F6-F9.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    The implication is that Wallpapers will always get stretched when you rotate the TP. That is why most iPad wallpapers are 1024x1024. They will always be stretched one way are another. Not too crazy about that feature.
    Tom
    If it works remotely like the iPad in that regard, the photo stays centered the entire time. When in the horizontal, the the pic's width is set to the width of the screen with the height bleeding off the screen. Then in the vertical, vice versa. So the pic stays the same size. It's just what part of the pic is visible depends on how the pic and the TP are oriented.
    It would be kinda cool if you could set two different wallpapers. One for landscape and one for portrait.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    If it works remotely like the iPad in that regard, the photo stays centered the entire time. When in the horizontal, the the pic's width is set to the width of the screen with the height bleeding off the screen. Then in the vertical, vice versa. So the pic stays the same size. It's just what part of the pic is visible depends on how the pic and the TP are oriented.
    I believe it works exactly like an iPad. Somewhere on youtube is a video where they rotate the tablet. It's not obvious because of the boring wallpaper but I recall that it pivots with the tablet.
    This video shows the wallpaper rotating:

After he is done playing that game all HP employees are apparently awful at, he rotates the screen at about 1:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Found it!

On a Mac hold down the "fn" key while tapping F6-F9.
    I believe you're posting this in the wrong forums...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    This video shows the wallpaper rotating:

After he is done playing that game all HP employees are apparently awful at, he rotates the screen at about 1:56.
    Thanks...also did you notice at about 2:00 them swipe the game up off screen and then gesture swiping from the top to show notifications. Interesting...just noticed that and it would seem that gestures could manifest if they wanted to implement them even without a dedicated gesture area.

I guess this is being done all on-screen, but either way, I thought it was interesting and anyone else notice that before? I'm not a great programmer, but it would seem they could enable Gestures off and on screen if they would like...they just need a reason to do it. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Thanks...also did you notice at about 2:00 them swipe the game up off screen and then gesture swiping from the top to show notifications. Interesting...just noticed that and it would seem that gestures could manifest if they wanted to implement them even without a dedicated gesture area.

I guess this is being done all on-screen, but either way, I thought it was interesting and anyone else notice that before? I'm not a great programmer, but it would seem they could enable Gestures off and on screen if they would like...they just need a reason to do it. Sorli...
    That gesture is not new to webOS. It's the same gesture I use in my phone to bring the menu.

Gestures can be made on-screen. Indeed, the iPad with iOS 4.3 has a 4-finger-swipe to change the active app.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    That gesture is not new to webOS. It's the same gesture I use in my phone to bring the menu.

Gestures can be made on-screen. Indeed, the iPad with iOS 4.3 has a 4-finger-swipe to change the active app.
    I guess the problem is it is just not dedicated and off screen. Not sure how they plan to handle it, but hopefully the API provides an easy way to implement gesturing. Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I can see the wisdom of the default wallpaper on the demo TouchPads we've seen.

It is an abstract picture that does not much matter if it is stretched in either direction.

If we use the image of an object that we are familiar with, the distortion will be more noticeable.

Now we need some wallpapers that look good stretched either way.

OK, who will be first to post the wallpaper that is used in the demo units?
    Tom
    Based on the TechnoBuffalo youTube video, you can see that there is rotation of the wallpaper and that there's no distortion. Landscape shows the full image while the portrait shows the center of the full image proportinately sized up to fit the screen (and therefore with the sides of the original image cut-off).
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Based on the TechnoBuffalo youTube video, you can see that there is rotation of the wallpaper and that there's no distortion. Landscape shows the full image while the portrait shows the center of the full image proportinately sized up to fit the screen (and therefore with the sides of the original image cut-off).
    I see what you mean. Guess we'll have to wait and see what gets released.

Some are expecting a release date to be announced next week @ HP Discover here in Vegas. I'm sure that the twiterverse will light up if it is announced.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    The wallpaper appearance when rotated duplicates what the ipad does.