Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. ejcivicdee's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #1  
    Will costco carry the touchpad? This would be great since it would be priced a little less then elsewhere. Costco does carry a lot of hp products. Hoping
  2. #2  
    we don't know who will carry the products or when.
  3. #3  
    It's possible that it will show up at Costco and/or Sam's Club, but no one knows for sure. The only reason I think it may show up at Sam's is because of that Walmart leak the other day.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    It's possible that it will show up at Costco and/or Sam's Club, but no one knows for sure. The only reason I think it may show up at Sam's is because of that Walmart leak the other day.
    I'm thinking the same thing. Also thinking it may see QVC or HSN, I can't remember which one, but one of them pushes a lot of HP products.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #5  
    If costco carries HP products then there may be a good chance they will.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  6. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejcivicdee View Post
    Will costco carry the touchpad? This would be great since it would be priced a little less then elsewhere. Costco does carry a lot of hp products. Hoping
    I assume that you are trying to see if anyone here works at Costco. Cause I assume that you will know that a non-Costco employee won't know if they will sell it.
  7. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #7  
    Selling at COSTCO have advantages. COSTCO shoppers are generally smart shoppers who compare price,features. Normally Costco prices are a bit lower than market. I bet they can sell these on par with BestBuy.
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #8  
    HP needs to reach out to one and his grand mother quickly.
  9. Ulairi's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    #9  
    I am willing to bet that Costco will have the TouchPad as Costco is already a big partner for HP. HP isn't going to be focused on devices being sold through the providers like Motorola and BlackBerry have been.
  10. #10  
    That would be awesome if Costco sold them. They have the best warranty service bar none. That and I can get cheaper groceries..
  11. #11  
    never even thought of getting one from costco... better not forget in the future
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  12. #12  
    HP has a lot of distribution muscle and channels, you would likely see them flexing those muscles during new product launches.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  13. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #13  
    The other thing with COSTCO is you get to show the Touchpad to more customers than Bestbuy and Walmart.

    Most COSTCO 's have folks lining up before they open the doors everyday !!!!!!
  14. aapold's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    #14  
    I'll bet they carry it... in a couple years....
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The other thing with COSTCO is you get to show the Touchpad to more customers than Bestbuy and Walmart.

    Most COSTCO 's have folks lining up before they open the doors everyday !!!!!!
    Really? I think that you maybe wrong. Walmart is the largest retailer in the US and the world. More people visit Walmart & it related stores than Costco. But having Costco on board is good.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  16. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #16  
    Yes, I would wager that they will carry it. They have a lot of HP products, and I think HP wants the TouchPad to be everywhere they sell computers.
  17. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Really? I think that you maybe wrong. Walmart is the largest retailer in the US and the world. More people visit Walmart & it related stores than Costco. But having Costco on board is good.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sure, Walmart is bigger than CostCo. The difference is the quality of customers. CostCo customers are more loyal than Walmart's.

    I never see people waiting outside the store to open the gates everyday, except for Costco.
  18. #18  
    Costco is generally cheaper than Walmart as well. Sam's Club couldn't compete with Costco here in Canada and ended up shutting down.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Sure, Walmart is bigger than CostCo. The difference is the quality of customers. CostCo customers are more loyal than Walmart's.

    I never see people waiting outside the store to open the gates everyday, except for Costco.

    I think the people waiting outside are are because they are business customers looking to buy in bulk. It isn't a loyalty thing that has em waiting in line, just saying.

    I HATE WalMart, but would say I am loyal since I can't afford to not shop there for certain items. I end up at WalMart a couple times a month, not due to actual loyalty to the company, but to my needs (just like the folks lining up outside Costco).

    Just saying, there is no big loyalty to these stores in the mass market. I used to use Sam's club, the one close to me went out of business, Costco is pretty far away, WalMart is now the best value for the items I need.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I think the people waiting outside are are because they are business customers looking to buy in bulk. It isn't a loyalty thing that has em waiting in line, just saying.
    True. It's the same reason that Sam's sells premium memberships for people who want to come in early. This allows business people to come in and buy what they need before their own businesses open for the public. Other people are going to be loyal to shopping clubs like this because they've paid to get access and want to make sure they get their money's worth out of the membership.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions