Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Other people are going to be loyal to shopping clubs like this because they've paid to get access and want to make sure they get their money's worth out of the membership.
    That can be especially true with Costco if you purchased their Executive membership. Shop there enough and you essentially cancel out your membership fee. Something especially easy up here because of the cost of food.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Other people are going to be loyal to shopping clubs like this because they've paid to get access and want to make sure they get their money's worth out of the membership.
    One of the reasons I don't have a membership to either club any more, I found we spent too much at some times on stuff we didn't really need. Not to mention I have read an article on Lifehacker (recently though) about how you aren't really saving money depending on what you are buying.

I think it's been about 3 years since my last club store membership expired.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It really does depend a lot on how you make use of your club membership and if you're an impulse buyer or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    It really does depend a lot on how you make use of your club membership and if you're an impulse buyer or not.
    When there is only two people in the house, lots of things at the culb can be had for similar prices elsewhere.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ejcivicdee View Post
    Will costco carry the touchpad? This would be great since it would be priced a little less then elsewhere. Costco does carry a lot of hp products. Hoping
    Hi, My Fiancée works at Costco and still no news yet....the same for the cell phone carrier kiosks in Costco as well, (for the Pre 3).

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I just went to TouchPad | HP and clicked on Reserve Now button. Costco is listed but when you click on the Costco link, you get product not available message at costco.com

I guess Costco will get the TouchPad afterall!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Sure, Walmart is bigger than CostCo. The difference is the quality of customers. CostCo customers are more loyal than Walmart's.

I never see people waiting outside the store to open the gates everyday, except for Costco.
    Yeah, but you didn't say anything about "quality" of customers, but something about having the TouchPad in front of "more customers" in Costco than at Walmart -which really didn't make any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Yeah, but you didn't say anything about "quality" of customers, but something about having the TouchPad in front of "more customers" in Costco than at Walmart -which really didn't make any sense.
    Hi all,

I will try to remember to ask my Fiancee if she can find out if Costco, (the stores not online), will be carrying the TouchPad, (she works at a Orlando Costco)....(Last time she asked, which is a while ago, they didn't know)...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Wow man, that changes everything... with Costco's awesome return policy, I may have to add them to my top list of places to stop by:

- Walmart (with optional midnight trip to a couple of their stores)
    - Costco
    - Best Buy
    - Target
    - Office Depot
    - Staples
    - Guy in a van down by the river...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Wow man, that changes everything... with Costco's awesome return policy, I may have to add them to my top list of places to stop by:

- Walmart (with optional midnight trip to a couple of their stores)
    - Costco
    - Best Buy
    - Target
    - Office Depot
    - Staples
    Hope you are aware some of Costco's electronics has 90-day return limit. According to their website, "THE RETURN POLICY FOR TELEVISIONS, PROJECTORS, COMPUTERS, CAMERAS, CAMCORDERS, IPODS / MP3S, AND CELLULAR PHONES IS 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE."
    THIS!!!

One of the top SNL skits of all time!
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Hope you are aware some of Costco's electronics has 90-day return limit. According to their website, "THE RETURN POLICY FOR TELEVISIONS, PROJECTORS, COMPUTERS, CAMERAS, CAMCORDERS, IPODS / MP3S, AND CELLULAR PHONES IS 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE."
    Costco 90-day return>>>>>Usual retailer 30-day return (and possible restocking fee).

So yes, their return policy is indeed awesome as stated.
    Hi all,

I'm surprised Costco isn't a little cheaper or they may be giving you something extra that most other retailers wont be giving you.

Costco and for that matter all of the "wholesale clubs"...make almost all of their money on membership. This allows them to be cheaper on price on an item or frequently the "clubs" cut deals with manufacturers for package deals.

IE: (I'm making up this example...it's not an actual product offer). They may throw in a Touch Stone or something else for the same money....

For example. I was given a gift of Henkel kitchen knife set that came from Costco....the price was very good compared to other stores for sets and buying the knives one at a time. In addition the set included 3 extra knives that no other store was offering, (I got them a few years ago...however if memory serves me, at least one of the extra knives wasn't for sale individually anywhere).

My Fiancee works for Costco and has for years....since they have such huge buying power they often push for package deals with that offer being exclusive only to Costco.

BTW the online offers are not always available in the stores and some products are only available online only. I have no idea if that is the case here.

To the person mentioning Costco's "awesome" return policy....you should know that electronic items now have a different return policy than non electronic items....Costco made a change a year or so ago.

take care,

jay
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Hi, you are correct, Costco changed it for electronic items a while ago, as people were abusing the system.

take care,

jay
    I seriously doubt Costco will either offer a lower price or include anything else besides just retail TouchPad package. That was the case with the iPad and most major electronics.

You can't compare a set of knives, even if it was just an example.

And can we all agree that Costco's 90-day return policy is better than the usual 30-day you get elsewhere? Point, set, match.
    BTW Jay, congrats on your marriage announcement (saw it on another thread a few days ago).

May I suggest a webOS-related wedding gift?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I seriously doubt Costco will either offer a lower price or include anything else besides just retail TouchPad package. That was the case with the iPad and most major electronics.

You can't compare a set of knives, even if it was just an example.

And can we all agree that Costco's 90-day return policy is better than the usual 30-day you get elsewhere? Point, set, match.
    The Xoom came with a gel case at Costco. In fact that package is still on their site.
    I stand correct then, thanks. But (personally), a gel case alone would not make me change my buying options from one retailer to another.

They're consumer policies would, though. Which is why I shop at Costco as much as we can.
    I much prefer shopping at Costco over Walmart. Food prices are almost always cheaper, and a lot of their electronics items, etc. are models made specifically for costco which sometimes include extra stuff.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast