Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://blog.louisgray.com/2011/05/samsung-considering-cloud-phone-for.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LouisgraycomLive+%28louisgray .com%29&m=1
    Interesting
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    this would be great for consumers.

I think HP would want to drive a hard bargain to risk cannibalising it's own PC and phone sales.
    As long as HP has full say on updates, and it's not left up to cell carriers, this could be good.
    Don't do it... I don't want cookie cutters. I'm happy with unique devices.
    Sprint Love
    Nope. I disapprove.
    Besides, why license it, they can just copy it and hp won't do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    As long as HP has full say on updates, and it's not left up to cell carriers, this could be good.
    they don't have a full say now, unless you buy sim free.
    Good, at least samsung is quick to put out products with good specs.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Nope. I disapprove.
    They're not interested in the UI, they're interested in a cloud os. They could put TouchWiz on top as the UI and don't want to start from scratch to build a cloud os.
    They probably just want to diversify, having webos as just another platform. I would only license to a competitor that really believes in the platform.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    eh, this thing is pure speculation. but i do think it would be cool if they did. if they could make it like win7 and not like android...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Don't do it... I don't want cookie cutters. I'm happy with unique devices.
    This statement would make sense if webos was selling like mad and in the top 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Nope. I disapprove.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    they don't have a full say now, unless you buy sim free.
    Not sure what you mean by this.
    finally, some good news
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    This statement would make sense if webos was selling like mad and in the top 3.

LOL

Not sure what you mean by this.
    what don't you understand? Isn't mexico still on 1.2 or something still. Isn't the verizon Pre2 on buggy 2.01 still. This is under carrier control not HP.

if you mean HP should be in control of future developments then I agree. We don't want various different strands of webOS like symbian did(s40,s60,UIQ).
    Must be because they're already feeling the pinch from Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    what don't you understand? Isn't mexico still on 1.2 or something still. Isn't the verizon Pre2 on buggy 2.01 still. This is under carrier control not HP.

if you mean HP should be in control of future developments then I agree. We don't want various different strands of webOS like symbian did(s40,s60,UIQ).
    Sorry I did not realize that.
    I dont know, I'm sort of tempted to let samsung do it, samsung's hardware is quite nice (Super AMOLED Plus) but I think in the end I do not want HP to license it, though allow samsung to make it and market it under the HP name. Its been done before, admittedly by HTC but might be something for samsung/hp to consider
    On the question of slowed updates to Android, and why the company isn't offering a "stock Android" model, Samsung said their strategy is to have their own user experience (UX), believing that their proprietary UI (called TouchWiz) "is a benefit to Samsung's customers". They stated that there is a lot of commitment internally to the company to improve on their pace of upgrades, but also that there is a lot of work to test the upgrades against devices and carriers globally, in addition to the physical act of pushing out the upgrade.
    i dont like this statement at all!!
    This would be great!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    And put Touch**** UI on it? That would be the only case in which I'd leave webOS.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast