Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    what i'm hoping is that GPS data can be transfered from my phone to the touchpad with touch2share. I want GPS on my tablet, but I dont want to have to buy a 3g tablet to do so.
    Like I said above, should be doable if HP (or carriers) don't block it somehow.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I see this coming though, I see it being preinstalled on their machines, but a free OS (such as Chromium) for use on other machines. My belief of this is because they speak of WebOS on PC's building developer relations, etc. You will want that OS on every PC possible.
    I hope you're right. It could, however, be a selling point for HP PCs. Then again, it could be reversal too. Offer webOS interface for free, but it's not fully utilized without a TouchPad or webOS phone...
    I like the idea of the touchpad as a carputer as well and I understand the windows more options argument, but then you lose the take it with you factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I like the idea of the touchpad as a carputer as well and I understand the windows more options argument, but then you lose the take it with you factor.
    Ahhh but you don't, your webos should still be syncable since the carputer would be a "PC" syncing with your phone and/or TP apps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12