Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I really want to pick up a Touchpad on the first day, and probably will if I have the cash, however my biggest concern is that I can't even put all of my music on it.

It just seems wierd, to buy this, carry around everywhere, and not even have all of my music.

Anybody else have the same concerns.
    I think most people expect them to offer some sort of cloud based storage like google and amazon are offering. But I'm with you, i'd rather have the storage than have to download it everytime.
    Never have understood the people who have 40GB collections. At a minute per megabyte (and that's an old average using conventional MP3 compression), that's about four weeks of music if played non-stop. I've got about 8GB, and only listen to perhaps half of that in total.

Anyway, I'm thinking that HP may not see a reason to put out a 64GB version. Most people I know with iPads have the 32GB version and they fit comfortably within that. Adding a cloud storage option would make it even more comfortable.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    I'd personally prefer putting my money towards something like this:

Seagate's GoFlex Satellite portable hard drive streams content over WiFi (review) -- Engadget

I wish they made it 1tb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Never have understood the people who have 40GB collections. At a minute per megabyte (and that's an old average using conventional MP3 compression), that's about four weeks of music if played non-stop. I've got about 8GB, and only listen to perhaps half of that in total.

Anyway, I'm thinking that HP may not see a reason to put out a 64GB version. Most people I know with iPads have the 32GB version and they fit comfortably within that. Adding a cloud storage option would make it even more comfortable.
    I see conflicting reports saying 16 and 64 are the most popular.

Report suggests 64 GB, 3G iPad is top seller

Most Popular iPad 2 Model Is Also the Most Expensive

First two week of sales of iPad 2 on eBay:

eBay reveals its iPad 2 sales data

Obviously this is not a hard fact.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 05/20/2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post

I have just a hair over 500GB in music. With that said, I live comfortably with my 16GB iPad 2. I don't really consider a tablet to be much of a music consumption device, but when I do listen to music on it, it's generally through Rdio, Pandora, or at home using the iTunes home sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I have just a hair over 500GB in music. With that said, I live comfortably with my 16GB iPad 2. I don't really consider a tablet to be much of a music consumption device, but when I do listen to music on it, it's generally through Rdio, Pandora, or at home using the iTunes home sharing.
    I agree. I'd rather save the $100 and get the 16GB version.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    I've got plenty of GB on my PC since I rip everything in FLAC. However, since Apple's iTunes does not support FLAC (*sigh*) and I don't have much space on my SSD, I rip them in MP3 as well. On my Mac I got about 10 GB of music of which I listen to most.

But I can't understand people with 500 GB of music as well. Will you ever listen to everything? Or do you just listen to some selected few? Or do you shuffle and let everything play? Sometimes I think stuff like Pandora makes more sense for these people.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Not hard to have 500GB or more of music especially if you have high res music at 2-4GB an album. Of course no point in using that on a tablet, but arguably if you have high quality headphones you might at least want lossless 16/44.4 music.