1.    #1  
    One of iPads biggest advantages in my book is 3rd party accessories. TouchPad owners should be able to take advantage of this with a lot of accessories.

I've already received one email for iPad covers that states it will also fit the 'soon to be released' HP TouchPad.

Just a thought I had. Most Droids will not be able to do the same. This is a plus when people want to have the coolest covers and such. Most of these accessories don't have anything on them that indicates they are made for the iPad either (i.e. no Apple or iPad wording).
    are the connectors in the same place?
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    are the connectors in the same place?
    Doubt it unfortunately, also doubt an iPad case would work with a touchstone. I'd be glad if someone said otherwise.

Also imagine if compaines made generic cases that fit both. You'd see iPads running around with holes for a touchstone!
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    The real great plus will be pdk ports to the same size/resolution screen.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    The real great plus will be pdk ports to the same size/resolution screen.
    Oh wow! That does sound good.

I'm not a developer so I don't really know how if all works but this sounds like a lot of apps should transition from iPad to TouchPad then?
    yeah, like people who already have ipad is going to pay $500 or $600 for touchPad just because they have existing cover? goodluck.
    Quote Originally Posted by axoneill View Post
    Doubt it unfortunately, also doubt an iPad case would work with a touchstone. I'd be glad if someone said otherwise.

Also imagine if compaines made generic cases that fit both. You'd see iPads running around with holes for a touchstone!
    Actually, the "touchstone" for the TouchPad is not the same as the ones we've been using for the phone. It is actually more like a picture stand. See the image & specs here (scroll all the way to the bottom of the page):

TouchPad | Laptop TouchPad, TouchPad Computer
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    yeah, like people who already have ipad is going to pay $500 or $600 for touchPad just because they have existing cover? goodluck.
    That's not his point. He is saying that it will be an advantage to a TouchPad owner if he can buy from the huge choice of iPad accessories instead of one or two vendors that decide to create something to fit a TouchPad. Especially now that the iPad accessories are being cleared out and restocked with iPad2 covers. Bargains to be had, if they will fit...