Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 96 of 96
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    But when "people" walk into a store and a touchpad is side by side with a gAlaxy 10.1 and an Ipad 2 people will expect an equal level of good apps. That's not 30 top apps cause you're 30 top ain't my 30 top. You'll always need choice. And only webos people will care if it's "new" or old tablet. I sure wouldn't. But personally i think they need many more then 30. Many! Just my opinion. I'll be interested to see how it plays out after it's launched.
    What will be "good enough" for people though. They could get the top 60 and you'll still have people saying "but its not myyyy top 60." I'm just trying to be realistic. If they have get the top 30 and people try out and enjoy the interface I'm sure it will sell, especially to those whose top 3-10 apps are among that 30.

    They are going to get it right for SOME people. And SOME people will attract SOME more developers. Hopefully then HP can get that top 500 to satisfy pickier people like yourself. I have a gut feeling it still won't be enough for you though, but who knows? Some people are just Debbie Downers and some will always see greener grass on the other side.
    Last edited by JayhawkOne; 05/22/2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: sp
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Joe Non-nerd who walks into best buy wants a tablet that are pretty, do things, and cheap.

    one one side, EEE pad $399, on the other HP Touchpad, $499

    what would Joe non-nerd do?
    How does your theory take into account all the Joe Non-nerds that will go into Best Buy and buy as iPad without even looking at anything else? Some people believe you get what you pay for and in big purchases and an extra $100 isn't hard to shell out to get a name people recognize.

    Asus is not HP, they aren't a household name, and their marketing team must've decided they needed lower prices. Maybe its because Android tabs aren't selling that well. I don't like the ratio or the OS myself which is why I'd rather have a TouchPad.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    How does your theory take into account all the Joe Non-nerds that will go into Best Buy and buy as iPad without even looking at anything else? Some people believe you get what you pay for and in big purchases and an extra $100 isn't hard to shell out to get a name people recognize.

    Asus is not HP, they aren't a household name, and their marketing team must've decided they needed lower prices. Maybe its because Android tabs aren't selling that well. I don't like the ratio or the OS myself which is why I'd rather have a TouchPad.
    no, it doesn't, at the same price, 50+% joe-non nerd, having no pre-set bias against apple, will walk in a bestbuy and buy an iPad.

    Thats why there need to be a striking difference for other brands to succeed. HP's name may be bigger than ASUS. but Im sure google's name is bigger than HP in this market.

    ASUS priced the tab lower because they are smart and understand the dynamics of apple vs. everything else. The bust of XOOM surely also bring some confirmation for them.

    I bet samsung is going to fail with galaxy tab 10". Try as they may, their $499 price will drop like a rock soon enough.
  4. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Ok, then since the GTab10 is FASTER, LIGHTER, AND THINNER, than Ipad2, they must have brought a BAZOOKA to Apple's gunfight then...

    and they still gonna be way far behind........so fatter, slower, and thicker has no chance....

    How was the reviews on the Gtab when it was fat and slow with 2.0?


    Horrible, that's how they were. But at least Samsung was smart enough to slim it down and bring 3.1 and still the reviews are meh........
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Ok, then since the GTab10 is FASTER, LIGHTER, AND THINNER, than Ipad2, they must have brought a BAZOOKA to Apple's gunfight then...
    The Samsung Galaxy 10.1 will fail on the most important spec of all, price. At $499, Samsung brought a squirt gun. At $399 Samsung would have had a bazooka.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The Samsung Galaxy 10.1 will fail on the most important specof all, price. At $499, Samsung brought a squirt gun. At $399 Samsung would have had a bazooka.
    In the long run, it's not about the price at all. This might be important for short term success, but you (and in this case HP) need to build a working ecosystem. Apple has done it and Google is going full steam ahead (look at the latest I/O keynote). Microsoft is, as I see it, a clear example of "too little, too late", as is RIM.
  7. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Ok, then since the GTab10 is FASTER, LIGHTER, AND THINNER, than Ipad2, they must have brought a BAZOOKA to Apple's gunfight then...
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    In the long run, it's not about the price at all. This might be important for short term success, but you (and in this case HP) need to build a working ecosystem. Apple has done it and Google is going full steam ahead (look at the latest I/O keynote). Microsoft is, as I see it, a clear example of "too little, too late", as is RIM.
    only thing wrong with google model is google does not make actual money on Andriod yet.........Apple's model is amazing. They own the whole thing and dont need to make as much to have huge profits and margins. Itunes works for phones, ipods, and ipads. They sell App's, movies, books, and music. They own the OS. They own the hardware.

    and they control the whole thing......it was built over a decade. Good luck HP trying to catch up with inferior hardware and only half the support structure. Its a huge uphill battle at this point.
    Last edited by bignoze; 05/22/2011 at 03:57 PM.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Dr. Dre references are always welcome.
    Amen
  9. #89  
    people talk about the number of apps that Ios and android have.. just how many of those apps are stupid flashlight apps, fart apps, horoscope apps etc etc.. Tell me how many of those apps that Ios and android have are truly useful? Dont they also count every single book or song as an individual app?
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    people talk about the number of apps that Ios and android have.. just how many of those apps are stupid flashlight apps, fart apps, horoscope apps etc etc.. Tell me how many of those apps that Ios and android have are truly useful? Dont they also count every single book or song as an individual app?
    Prepare to be flamed by some iSheep about this one....
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
  11. #91  
    no flame as jayhawkone mentioned ...

    but to answer... i dont really know how many apps are available on ios and dont know how many are stupid flashlight apps or cared to know what percentage are considered 'useful' (*** does that mean anyways... it's dependent on each individual imo... if a person deems a flashlight or fart app as useful, then so be it, lol)

    all i know is this... when i want to find an app on whatever is on my mind... i search by it and almost always... i will find what i am looking for.

    i think most ios users feel the same way... they really dont care about numbers... just that anything they think of, they can probably find something. and if they cant find it, most likely you're not gonna find it on another platform so you're not missing out on anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    people talk about the number of apps that Ios and android have.. just how many of those apps are stupid flashlight apps, fart apps, horoscope apps etc etc.. Tell me how many of those apps that Ios and android have are truly useful? Dont they also count every single book or song as an individual app?
  12. #92  
    honestly that will be a critical component to TPs success... app support.

    lucky you guys have angry birds app at launch cause without it, you'll have a ton of kids that wont want it and they will be telling their parents not to buy it and the parents want the apps the kids want to shut them up in the car or where ever, lol. facebook for the teens. netflix for the... older kids/adults.

    but what about the next great game or app... the next great tap zoo or whatever and the TP doesnt get the support from developers and get a webos version of that app? game over.
  13. crg28's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #93  
    The advantage "for me" that the Ipad has over the Touchpad (so far) are the Apps for musicians.

    Multitrack recorders, dozens of synths, protools, ableton, Logic controllers, garageband, Morphwiz, ThumbJam, hardware to support those (Alesis, Apogee Jam/Mic, Peavey AmpKit, IR Irig, Akai, etc, etc).

    HP has a good opportunity here to be the one of ONLY TWO platforms for musicians. Android has serious Latency issues to be any useful for us musicians.

    HP needs to get Yamaha/Steinberg to create a GarageBand competitor based on a Touchpad version of Cubase to run on WEBOS.

    I just got an IPAD ONLY for the music apps as I'm a semi-pro musician and it is a great tool for creating music ideas prior to going into a real studio.

    I will definitely get a Touchpad since I'm a WEBOS guy, but I wish we had 10% of the music apps IOS does...
  14. #94  
    Last night, I went to an Asian shaved ice place in the burbs and their cash registers had been replaced with Ipads. Huh??? Not sure if it was easier to use compared to the standard cash registers but I guess it keeps tracks of your sales better eh?
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Last night, I went to an Asian shaved ice place in the burbs and their cash registers had been replaced with Ipads. Huh??? Not sure if it was easier to use compared to the standard cash registers but I guess it keeps tracks of your sales better eh?
    My company uses iPad's and iPhone's to make sales in coffe shops, etc. We use Square (http://www.squareup.com/)
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    people talk about the number of apps that Ios and android have.. just how many of those apps are stupid flashlight apps, fart apps, horoscope apps etc etc.. Tell me how many of those apps that Ios and android have are truly useful? Dont they also count every single book or song as an individual app?
    I have found and seen lots of useful apps on both platforms. Books and songs are not counted as apps, BTW. Separate store on iTunes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions