Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I just love this bit:

That's right. HP designed webOS...
    They did for the Touchpad

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ugh what awful music!
    According to the "TouchPad Roundup" post on the frontpage, a case and touchstone stand will be the 2 accessories that come with the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    According to the "TouchPad Roundup" post on the frontpage, a case and touchstone stand will be the 2 accessories that come with the TouchPad.
    I dont think so. It will be available for purchase with the launch of the TP
    Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Even if it said "come with" I think they mean come with the launch, as in the retailers will have them available.
    The only HP tablet I see on bestbuy.ca is this:
    HP Slate 8.9" Tablet Laptop featuring Intel Atom Z540 for the <sarscasm>LOW,LOW price of $799.99.</sarcasm> Running Windows 7.
    HP Slate 8.9" Tablet Laptop featuring Intel Atom Z540 (XT962UA#ABA) : Tablets - Best Buy Canada
    Doesn't seem to be bleeding edge in tech, price, or anything for that matter, although it did have 64GB SSD HD.
    Why doesn't the Touchpad come with 64GB?
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/31/2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: for those with broken sarcasm filters, I made it pretty obvious :D
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Why doesn't the Touchpad come with 64GB?
    So it won't cost $799?
    usa best buy has it online. Under computers, tablets.

it's the first icon in the list.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Went to my local Best Buy yesterday to look at phones since my Verizon Pre+ has its upgrade available. As I looked at only Android phones a customer service person came up and asked me if he could help. So I pulled out my Pre and asked when they think they might get the Pre3 and also the Touch Pad. His response, "look at that old thing." He did show me the Veer they had in store and mentioned that HP had given all employees one and a a printer. Said some nice things about WebOS, but all in all, seemed to have no idea about the Touch Pad or Pre3. Sure loved talking about the iPad and the Samsung with AndroidOS Pad. He asked someone else and said that the Touch Pad isnt coming out for "months" and no idea about the Pre3. Oh well, seems there is some learning to be had at my local Best Buy.
    Last edited by TimBoch; 05/31/2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Went to my local Best Buy yesterday to look at phones since my Verizon Pre+ has its upgrade available. As I looked at only Android phones a customer service person came up and asked me if he could help. So I pulled out my Pre and asked when they think they might get the Pre3 and also the Think Pad. His response, "look at that old thing." He did show me the Veer they had in store and mentioned that HP had given all employees one and a a printer. Said some nice things about WebOS, but all in all, seemed to have no idea about the Think Pad or Pre3. Sure loved talking about the iPad and the Samsung with AndroidOS Pad. He asked someone else and said that the Think Pad isnt coming out for "months" and no idea about the Pre3. Oh well, seems there is some learning to be had at my local Best Buy.
    They are pretty stupid employees then, because most people know the THINKpad has been produced by IBM for years.
    You mean lenovo?
    lenovo, IBM.
    Potato Pototo.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    That's funny. I "think" I'm the stupid one for actually typing it twice. Nope, thrice

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    They are pretty stupid employees then, because most people know the THINKpad has been produced by IBM for years.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Went to my local Best Buy yesterday to look at phones since my Verizon Pre+ has its upgrade available. As I looked at only Android phones a customer service person came up and asked me if he could help. So I pulled out my Pre and asked when they think they might get the Pre3 and also the Think Pad. His response, "look at that old thing." He did show me the Veer they had in store and mentioned that HP had given all employees one and a a printer. Said some nice things about WebOS, but all in all, seemed to have no idea about the Think Pad or Pre3. Sure loved talking about the iPad and the Samsung with AndroidOS Pad. He asked someone else and said that the Think Pad isnt coming out for "months" and no idea about the Pre3. Oh well, seems there is some learning to be had at my local Best Buy.
    So, the first thing you ask yourself is "what can I expect from my helpful Best Buy sales-people". The next thing you should ask yourself is "what are they being payed?". Finally, ask yourself why this particular sales-droid was assigned to the "mobile" or "tablet" kiosks. They drew the short straw?

All I can say is that there was a motivated advocate for webOS last time I was in a Best Buy.
    Went to my local Best Buy yesterday to look at phones since my Verizon Pre+ has its upgrade available. As I looked at only Android phones a customer service person came up and asked me if he could help. So I pulled out my Pre and asked when they think they might get the Pre3 and also the Touch Pad. His response, "look at that old thing." He did show me the Veer they had in store and mentioned that HP had given all employees one and a a printer. Said some nice things about WebOS, but all in all, seemed to have no idea about the Touch Pad or Pre3. Sure loved talking about the iPad and the Samsung with AndroidOS Pad. He asked someone else and said that the Touch Pad isnt coming out for "months" and no idea about the Pre3. Oh well, seems there is some learning to be had at my local Best Buy.
    I generally ask reps at BB or At&t the other day a simple question; Since HP is slated to solve the hardware issue of the Pre with the Pre3, without talking about apps, please sell me on why I should buy an Android or iOS phone? I also make the point that ALMOST every single Android phone look the same and are very fragmented.

10/10 times, these reps know NOTHING about the OS and look more confused than a cow on astroturf....

Got that line from one of those repo shows......lol
    Well at least we know "coming soon" is equal to more than 2 weeks.

The promo pics make me cringe. Not artistic at all.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Hi, I'm considering buying my Pre3 from Best Buy when they are available as you can trade in a smartphone after one year, as some cell providers are considering or have already phased out one year contracts...however Consumer Reports has a site named the consumerist...they have had a number of negative articles over Best Buy:

The Consumerist: Search Results

.....so I have mixed feelings about dealing with them.

I am still using my Centro as I had a 2 year contract with V. My contracted ended lats Oct. I've waited passing over the Pre2, as I assumed there would be far more offerings once the merger completed itself. I also decided at least for now to skip the veer and I want the Pre3!

I want to try for a one year contract as I was completely shut out of webOS b/c of it. Many of you will be shut out of webOS 3.0 because it won't work on older Pre models if you have a 2 year contract you may be stuck with it an miss a chance of an upgrade to webOS 3.0. After not being able to get a Pre when they came out, I don't want to wait 2 years for the latest tech.

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post

That's right. HP designed webOS...
    HP bought Palm -> Palm is part of HP -> designed by a part of HP

What were they supposed to say - designed by a now defunct company that we bought.
    I know there was a thread about tigerdirect having the TouchPad on their email newsletter, but I can't find it.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll just put it here. I know they did this once already but they had some stuff hidden, this is a clear shot image of webOS. No slate 500 mixup here.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3528740/touchpad.png
    Sprint Love
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12