1.    #1  
    I know there has been, and still is bad talk about the boot up time on webOS devices. My Pre- takes up to 3 minutes from hitting the power button to being able to access the operating system. Is this true with the new Veer?

Do you think this might be a huge negative for consumers, especially Enterprise Users? My iPad 2 boots up in about 15 seconds. Not many users completely power down their devices, but even so, I am constantly reminded of it when I read reviews and by people who are using others devices.

Is boot time a big concern? What are your thoughts?
    My thought is that I reboot my phone about once a month or so. Sometimes as often as twice a month.

I couldn't care less about boot times on devices that never get switched off. The average TouchPad will sit on its Touchstone and sleep until somebody switches on its screen, at which point it'll spring to life as fast as my Pre.
    I reboot my Pre 2 once a day. This could be an issue for me. It takes about 2.5 minutes to reboot my Pre 2. I'm going to bet the touchpad is just a little faster than that. Unless we're finally going to see that instant on linux thing HP bought a few months ago. What was that called?
  4.    #4  
    Was it something like Splashtop or something like that.
    I hope boot up time is quick. I often use my devices until they shut down and pluggin them in to charge when I get back I want access to my device again as fast as possible. With my pre sometimes it would take 5 minutes to start up. I hope the TP and Pre3 are faster.
    webOS has never been a shining star in the boot-up-time arena. The Veer is no exception - mine takes between 1:00-1:20 to finish startup.

It's not easy to say re: TP, because nobody knows how much has changed in webOS 3.0 (and the people who know can't spill the beans), but I'd bet on a boot up time of at least a minute - based on no facts whatsoever, just my expectation.
    Didn't they say it'll be instant on and the Think Beyond event?
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Unless we're finally going to see that instant on linux thing HP bought a few months ago. What was that called?
    Hyperspace.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Apple boot up time is really fast --- because their bootloader doesn't check anything, which leads to jailbreaking.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    should be about a minute thanks to faster hardware and enyo.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    should be about a minute thanks to faster hardware and enyo.
    I hope so!
    Wishful thinking... 10 seconds

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Not much of a concern for me.

Im puzzled everytime I see a review mentioning how long it takes to boot and at the same time "forget" to say its a instant on device that seldom needs a reboot.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G