1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

HP is testing a new device with 1024x768 resolution and with physical keyboard and a HP Pre (4?) without physical keyboard.

[Exclu] Un TouchPad avec clavier physique, un smartphone Pre sans clavier et le Pre 3 qui pointe le bout de son nez !
    YES! That is fantastic!

We could posssibly say this is the "Foleo" we (ehm...I?) have been waiting for!
    That's not a Pre without keyboard, it's a Pre using a virtual keyboard so "acting" like it doesn't have a slideout keyboard. Notice the screen's 320x480, the same as the original Pre. They're NOT going to make a device without a physical keyboard and that small a screen. But when someone activates the virtual keyboard on that device, it would need to be identified as having only a virtual keyboard so that can send the key strokes.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    That's not a Pre without keyboard, it's a Pre using a virtual keyboard so "acting" like it doesn't have a slideout keyboard. Notice the screen's 320x480, the same as the original Pre. They're NOT going to make a device without a physical keyboard and that small a screen. But when someone activates the virtual keyboard on that device, it would need to be identified as having only a virtual keyboard so that can send the key strokes.
    Why keyboardavailable = false ?

The HP webOS sales training site specifically mentioned webOS on a "netbook" when I looked at it last night, so I think that must be what you are seeing in the logs. Notice how the resolution is a horizontal one? It's good that this is being tested now. Thx for posting the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Why keyboardavailable = false ?

To make sure that any legacy code (in 3rd party apps or HP/Palm apps) which check for that value won't still look for a keyboard most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    The HP webOS sales training site specifically mentioned webOS on a "netbook" when I looked at it last night, so I think that must be what you are seeing in the logs. Notice how the resolution is a horizontal one? It's good that this is being tested now. Thx for posting the info.
    How would the TouchPad being used with the Blutooth keyboard register?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    well if you compare the rest of them, then its more likely it does not have a physical keyboard (no slider & keyboard type uknown), plus it's running webOS 3.0