1.    #1  
    So I plan to get a touchpad on launch day, I anticipate just being able to walk into a bestbuy & get one no problem or no lines...I say bestbuy because I have a $25 gift card there.

What do you think? Will there be lines & large supply?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    There won't be people lining up for this, IMO. HP has a long way to go before they have that kind of brand loyalty/awareness.
    Well it is a featured item this week so that is good. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at209000050006

I don't see lines without a lot of hype for any product though.
    As a frame of reference, this was the line outside a Best Buy in RIM's own country for the launch of their heavily advertised PlayBook:

I'm guessing the TouchPad won't even get that type of turnout and you should be able to waltz in and pick one up if they're not supply constrained.
    I envision people spending more time explaining to the Best Buy worker, “I’m looking for the Touchpad… No, not the ipad…” and getting them to take a look in their inventory system to see if it is out back on the dock than they will spend waiting in a line to get one.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    As a frame of reference, this was the line outside a Best Buy in RIM's own country for the launch of their heavily advertised PlayBook:
    What do you think everyone in Canada owns a BB or something?.....Just FYI there were plenty of other retail outlets for the Playbook:

In Canada, the PlayBook retailer list is even longer and includes some big names, such as Costco and Walmart, that don’t appear in the U.S. PlayBook retail roster. Future Shop, Rogers, Sears, Sasktel, Telus, Tbooth Wireless and several others are all going to be pushing the PlayBook.
    BlackBerry PlayBook to Sell at 20,000 Retail Outlets, $499
    I'd rather go to Future Shop than Best Buy, personally, so your picture (and point for that matter) doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    IDK, I'm not expecting a line, but as soon as I don't and pull up at 12 in the afternoon, they will be sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK, I'm not expecting a line, but as soon as I don't and pull up at 12 in the afternoon, they will be sold out.
    Then just run down the street to Staples... There's never any customers in those stores.

-Suntan
    ^ LoL. True.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I say bestbuy because I have a $25 gift card there.
    $25 only? I would not exclude other places. I think you will find some promo somewhere, even a pre-order online may save you more than $25 in sales tax.