Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Interesting cover/stand...
    I'm wondering if there are magnets in the TouchPads back like on the mobiles. Maybe the "stand" makes use of those. Otherwise I'm wondering how it will be held in place...
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I'm wondering if there are magnets in the TouchPads back like on the mobiles. Maybe the "stand" makes use of those. Otherwise I'm wondering how it will be held in place...
    It almost looks like it's a full case.
    Ah yes, you're right.
    I swear, I checked this before I went to college today and the "specs" were blank.
    HP TouchPad specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    hmm that case doesn't seem to be the best stand...touchpad could be prone to slip or be fidgety while on that 'stand', no?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    hmm that case doesn't seem to be the best stand...touchpad could be prone to slip or be fidgety while on that 'stand', no?
    It's can't slip. The touchpad is INSIDE the case which itself has a fold out stand.
    So I just got this other email (attached)

The bottom tablet is the HP 500

EDIT: tooearly was too early for me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Soorma; 05/19/2011 at 04:14 PM.
    I just received the EAYF email too.
    I see pandas.
    The title was "Coming Soon: HP Touchpad, go ahead and touch it...it won't bite"

So, how do I touch it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It looks thick because it's thickness is 13.7mm (0.54 inches) compared to the iPad2 that is 0.34 inch (8.8 mm). Not that I would ever spend any money on an apple device, but it is slimmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    LOL, I thought that too, at first. but, the $799 is for the Slate.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    LOL, I thought that too, at first. but, the $799 is for the Slate.
    You know what, you're right! The Slate look like a dead deal IMO. That is the one that look like iPad 1 and Windows never did well on tablets. Plus the price is the same as the Xoom.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Just for the record -- there are no magnets in the mobiles -- only metal disks -- the magnets are in the touch stone -- i assume that this is the same for the touchpad -- however the touchstone for the tab is formatted differently and may not require magnets to hold it in place to charge it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    why is the main page down
    "HP TouchPad availability beginning July 1"

The Official HP Palm Blog: HP TouchPad: It’s a date!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12