Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'd hate to be that guy but I got to see an HP TouchPad and Palm Pre 3 today. Palm Pre 3 looks very slick. TouchPad same as in the pictures, no changes since the announcement.

During the conversation with a Canadian Regional Sales Director, he spilled that the TouchPad would be released in the first week of July. No date or new info on the Pre 3.

(He personally used an iPhone 3GS which was disappointing.)
    any word on carrier?
    That is awesome news. Perfectly timed for my early July move to Vancouver.
    ummm why would you move to Vancouver?? lol kidding i was born and raised in BC.. Damn fine city.. just go for the operation as soon as you get there, gills during the fall winter spring and most of the summer are mandatory. All new people to the coast get this done at minimal cost.
    Ps the post op recovery is about 4 weeks.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Sorry, no word on carriers for either product. Didn't a chance to play with it.
    I think 1, Rogers should give Fido the Palm Pre 2, Lots of people on that carrier would love it over all the other crappy phones for that network.

The Pre 3 should be on Rogers.
    and the Veer should also go to Fido and Rogers.

This would be a big seller,
    Was really hoping for a June release date in time for my birthday!

Guess I can wait a couple more weeks, though.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Gee... wouldn't I like a new WebOS phone (currently use a Pre on Bell) and/or TouchPad for Father's Day.

We're also thinking of getting our son a smart phone as a grade 8 graduation gift and I think the Veer would be great; my wife is leaning towards an older iPhone (3GS).

The carrier silence on WebOS devices is deafening! It appears that nothing is going to happen any time soon in Canada ... which is a huge disappointment. I've been spreading the word of the TouchPad and people keep asking me when it's coming. My Pre is off-contract and I'm ready to move to the carrier that launches the Veer, Pre and TouchPad.

I'm feeling like a Leafs fan - hoping for change but not expecting anything different. Leafs fans are always looking forward to next year (even in October), so maybe .... Boxing Day?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    One can only wish. There's always the option of buying off-contract from AT&T, etc.. & unlocking. Of course, it's not cheap (but you don't have to sign a Rogers multi-year contract that way).

I think I'll see the Pre3 here before the Stanley Cup takes residence in TO, sadly.
    @xForsaken: Having been hatched on THE Island, I had those gills for a good 25 years..however, first winter east side of the Rockies froze them off, & I'm really not missing them.

one of these days something HAS to be announced....guess I'm used to waiting. Much as I hate to say it, if it doesn't come to Bell, I may be looking at other options, well 1 option...Atrix.

my upgrade is ready & available...just waiting for something official.
    Honestly, I'm not caring about carriers anymore I just want to see this thing north of the border. I do wonder why our launches are always delayed over the US, we should really just be tacked onto the same schedule as they are.

I'm fine with the gills required in Vancouver, but I do miss white winters, gray gets quite dull after a while.
    you can blame that on our beloved CRTC my friend.

Fashionably late as I always say.
    "grumbles" crtc "grumbles".....
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    June 12 and 20 will come and go. Looks like it'll be July for the US, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran51 View Post
    June 12 and 20 will come and go. Looks like it'll be July for the US, too.
    I'm still holding out for Flash for Legacy devices. What you talkin about. :-p

I expect a June Press Release for instant availability sometime next week.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I'm still holding out for Flash for Legacy devices. What you talkin about. :-p

I expect a June Press Release for instant availability sometime next week.
    I think HP will try to generate at least a little hype before it comes out, I'll be first in line for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran51 View Post
    During the conversation with a Canadian Regional Sales Director, he spilled that the TouchPad would be released in the first week of July. No date or new info on the Pre 3.
    Are you sure it was a Sales Director? Was he/she from HP or one of the retailers?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Are you sure it was a Sales Director? Was he/she from HP or one of the retailers?
    He was from HP, more corporate than retail as a sales director for one of the Western Canadian markets.

Saw him once since the original meeting but didn't get a chance to talk then.
    Last edited by jtran51; 06/07/2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Too many commas.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Any Canadians pre-ordering or waiting in line with me?

Finally, one of my sources is mostly correct.
    ill go to the store
    no way i'm waiting for a pre order, then shipment.
    still have to find out what retail store it will be available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast