1.    #1  
    I remember some leaked photos a couple months ago of the Touchpad from Vietnam. Well I happen to be in Hanoi the next few days with a lot of free time. If anyone knows where to look, I am perfectly happy trying to track down some poor worker that takes bribes
    Both HP and Apple use the same Taiwanese ODM to manufacture their tablets; Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd AKA Foxconn Electronics.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm. So any idea why those leaked photos originated in vietnam, of all places, before?
    No clue... but HP did partner with Foxconn a couple of years back to build a couple new manufacturing plants in different countries. Perhaps S Vietnam was one?
    I've researched that the TouchPad is manufactured in Taiwan.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaszmark View Post
    I've researched that the TouchPad is manufactured in Taiwan.
    Very possible... everything I find says Foxconn-China.
    Quanta from taiwan is also one of them, who also manufactures notebooks for HP.

However there are a diversity of components makers in Japan, Korea and Taiwan that supplies HP.

All these components arrives to one, two or three assemblers in Taiwan, who join all of them together.

I think there is also one manufacturer of the USA for the TouchPanel: Cypress.
    Image captured from theTouchPad with SIM card slot leaked video from Taiwan.

Video:

[IMG][/IMG]

Cypress TouchPanel Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A1TrLQ_umoc
    Last edited by akitayo; 05/17/2011 at 12:00 AM.