View Poll Results: Would you prefer a cheaper Touchpad or retina display?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • $350 Touchpad with the current specs

44 77.19%
  • $600 Touchpad with retina display

9 15.79%
  • Don't want one

4 7.02%
  1.    #1  
    Would you prefer a cheaper TouchPad (with all the current specs) or more expensive but a retina display?

(This was inspired by: Samsung demos retina resolution 300dpi tablet display - wow, Samsung has redone their tablets and become a real competitor to the iPad in the span of 3-4 months!)
    $350 Touchpad with the current spec.
    The second choice can wait for Fall.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    you do know retina display is just a label apple slapped onto its resolution pixel density. Retina display doesnt mean jack

Its basically a resolution with a pixel density of 320 ppi on a specific screen size..
    I thought this was a retina display:

It means GREAT PPI.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    you do know retina display is just a label apple slapped onto its resolution pixel density. Retina display doesnt mean jack

Its basically a resolution with a pixel density of 320 ppi on a specific screen size..
    I thought it was called retina display because Apple was able to use it to watch you like it was an eye!
    Apple's device doesn't have a retina display... it has marketing diarrhea as a name.

This is a retina display.
    How about a Touchpad with more Apps???
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post

Have you ever looked at one in person? It's pretty impressive. A display with 300+ ppi on a tablet would be phenomenal.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    $350 Touchpad with the current spec.
    The second choice can wait for Fall.
    I agree with this. I really hope HP realizes how big of a difference a low price point can make. $350 (which they won't do) would sell a TON of TouchPads.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Have you ever looked at one in person? It's pretty impressive. A display with 300+ ppi on a tablet would be phenomenal.
    Yes I have spent plenty time in an iPhone 4. The thing is I do not think its worth $250 over what the current iPad display is at. Maybe 100 more but def. not $250.

The poll was either a $350 TP with current ppi or a $600 TP with a 320+ ppi..
    In this economy? I'd much rather have a less expensive device. The display on the TouchPad is beautiful as it is when you see it in person. Retina display isn't worth the extra $$ and $ to me right now.
    What gets me about Apple is how everybody will use their terms immediately after they create a new marketing name for any of their products.

FYI: a "retina" display by their own definition is one with a resolution so high that your eye cannot discern individual pixels. Hence, EVERY display is a "retina" display at varying distances from your eye. So the TouchPad has a retina display already! Yay!
    having "retna display" doesnt really matter to me, so long as the display is decent. i'm in it more for the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What gets me about Apple is how everybody will use their terms immediately after they create a new marketing name for any of their products.

FYI: a "retina" display by their own definition is one with a resolution so high that your eye cannot discern individual pixels. Hence, EVERY display is a "retina" display at varying distances from your eye. So the TouchPad has a retina display already! Yay!
    Yeah, I want a display that is so high resolution, that I won't be able to discern individual pixels when I hold it right up in my face. And I want that resolution on a 10" screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Matte back ... No fingerprints

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums