1.    #1  
    When the TouchPad is released, they need to show that they've made it .25 pounds lighter and cut 25% of the thickness. Samsung did it and it looks incredible!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Limited Edition (white) hands-on from Google I/O! -- Engadget
    For the love of all things holy, that thing is hideous.
    It would certainly be a huge plusif HP did upgrade the hardware of the TP from what it intorduced back in February, but, I highly doubt that they did - since this is their first forray into hardware and the software supporting it, I believe that they likely froze the hardware specs early on to focus on the software completion.

What will sell the TP won't be it being a little lighter, or thinner - it needs to feel good in the average person's hands, and be a fast, smooth and pleasant, easy to use user experience, with enough functionality to compare favorably with its competitors.

As for the Galaxy Tab being "ugly" - remember, beauty is quite subjective - you may not like it, but others may differ.

The TP has a theoretical chance for doing very well, because of the expectations that the industry has for WebOS and its appearingly "natural" fit for tablet formfactor devices - the card metaphor for a tablet device seems to be conceptually admired by the reviewers looking to get their hands on one for review.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

i think it's ugly BUT better then XOOM.
    anything is ugly without webOS!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    For the love of all things holy, that thing is hideous.
    I'm not talking about the choice of back coloring and images, I'm talking about the thinness and lightness of it.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Right now, I'd rather they bundle it with a touchstone dock or just keep the price as low as possible rather than reconfigure it to be thinner.
    I'd be happy with a thinner device but the current dimensions of the Touchpad don't bother me at all. I'd rather have a stronger material for the back than the shiny plastic junk.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'd be happy with a thinner device but the current dimensions of the Touchpad don't bother me at all. I'd rather have a stronger material for the back than the shiny plastic junk.
    Ya i agree
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    well H/P isnt about putting the latest and greatest, they want to give you quality. thats why you will never see innovation like Samsung.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    well H/P isnt about putting the latest and greatest, they want to give you quality. thats why you will never see innovation like Samsung.
    didn't you just post that same sentence in another thread?
  11.    #11  
    The problem is the current TouchPad is too heavy to hold in one hand for an extended period of time, or to hold up while lying down. Even the iPad2 is right on the edge for this (I've actually used one and anything heavier requires being in your lap or on a table only)
    Isn't the original iPad heavies than the ipad2? I've held the ipad in one hand for extended periods of time and have played games on the ipad while holding it with no problems. Maybe some of us should hit the gym? Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Isn't the original iPad heavies than the ipad2? I've held the ipad in one hand for extended periods of time and have played games on the ipad while holding it with no problems. Maybe some of us should hit the gym? Lol
    iPad 1 is heavy enough to feel uncomfortable to held it with one hand for extended periods of time. That's why lighter weight on iPad 2, I think, was the biggest upgrade from 1. It won't hurt to make little lighter on TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I would hope HP is doing this, but I think they'd rather work on revising their yet-to-be-announced 7" tablet and just keep the 10" Topaz the way it is.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I don't understand all this fuss about thin tablets. Are you going to stick it in a bookshelf?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I don't understand all this fuss about thin tablets. Are you going to stick it in a bookshelf?
    Thinner looks nicer, but I honestly don't care whether or not the device is a centimeter thicker.

Weight on the other hand is something. Tablets are meant to be personal devices, - easy to hold. And weight plays a key factor into how easy a device is to hold.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Jon Rubenstein has already said on the engadget show that the touchpad they revealed back in february will be the launch unit. No changes. Although I think they should at least try to add a rear facing camera to compete with 100% of every other tablet option out there.

regardless, I am going to be getting one. :-)
    All this talk about lighter, thinner... I'd like to see thinner only if they don't trade dexterity to achieve it. My brother got the ipad 2. While the aluminum is nice, the glass glued to the body screams throwaway device over repair and return.

When I think about future tablets, I think of the pads they used in st:tng. Thin, light, simple, useful, plentiful.

If the touchpad gets thinner, they better use something other than plastic or risk looking flimsy.

Just my opinion.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    looks ipad-esque... which i dont like.. the only thing i do like on it, is the laser-etched(?) mascot on the back panel. hopefully its functional too for less slippage.

itd b awesome if hpalm had a mascot like... the predoodles!
    Thickness is low on my priority list, but after using some tablets for a bit, good traction on the back surface is important.

I’ll take a cheap looking plastic back that has high friction over a painted metal back any day. I actually like what I see on the back of that Toshiba tablet even though I think it is the thickest around, with the ugliest looking back. That thing says “easy one handed carrying.”

-Suntan