1.    #1  
    After pining after the TouchPad since it was announced, I've taken a liking to the iPad 2 and some of the honeycomb tablets. I love my Pre 2 (and my Pre) but I'm a little put off by the plastic of the TP. I got to thinking about how important using the same OS on your phone and tablet is, if you have similar apps.

I can have email on all of them, and apps that I use all the time such as Feeder, SpareTime, Evernote etc. If my data is with those apps, does it matter whether I'm using a webOS phone and an Android/iOS tablet?

What are your thoughts?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm not that familiar with SpareTime, but Feeder and Evernote will stay in sync regardless of whether or not your phone and tablet OS are the same. Does SpareTime use InstaPaper as its backend service? If so, it should stay in sync as well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post
    I'm not that familiar with SpareTime, but Feeder and Evernote will stay in sync regardless of whether or not your phone and tablet OS are the same. Does SpareTime use InstaPaper as its backend service? If so, it should stay in sync as well.
    It does use instapaper. Obviously I'd miss out on great feautures like the txt/call forwarding and TTS, but the 8.9 inch Galaxy looks beautiful.

of course I was tricked by the Evo in July of last year and came back to webOS after a few months...
    Personally I think you should at least wait for the TP to come out so you can play with it, test it out. Then make a decision. I wouldnt want to be kicking myself later if the TP turns out as great as it seems.