Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So the Opal is coming out later this year and is rumored to be the 7" tablet, and there are rumors of Amazon releasing an LCD Kindle later this year to compete with the Nook Color... Since Jon has connections to Amazon, and Amazon would (you'd think) want something different than Android (so it's not a clone of the NC), do you think they might be one and the same? How awesome would that be? WebOS marketshare would go through the roof and finally compete with the iPad.

What do you think?
    I would love it, but I don't think Amazon will do it. I've been saying that the company with the best shot at hurting the iPad is Amazon, once they offer an Android-based Kindle. They already have the rest of the ecosystem in place.

If Amazon were to use webOS, they'd insist on being able to customize it to the point where it wouldn't be recognized - which is what Android is all about.

Still, I'd love for Amazon and HP to partner on this in a manner that pokes google and apple right in the eye.

Great idea!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think it would be great for amazon so it's not a clone of the Nook Color, and it'd be great for HP because Amazon would sell them like hot cakes! I could see it competing for marketshare with the iPad if Amazon released it. They are the only company with enough of a following to make a dent I think.
    I don't think they'll go for a full blown OS. It'll be the Kindle... just colour. I'm fairly sure Amazon only produced the Hardware to get their Kindle app up-and-running. I think we'll see them depart from selling the hardware in the not too distant future.
    Amazon opened an Android app market for a reason, and it's not just to make money off android apps. They're preparing for their own tablet.
    ^Was just gonna say that
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, I didn't even think about that. There goes my theory! haha
    I didn't know they'd opened an Android market. I consider my self educated!
    Yeah, I forgot about the Android market as well. Dang it! The idea was great, though.