1.    #1  
    After seeing the Playbook commercial.I think I know why they released the Playbook so fast.Rim know as well as the rest of the webos community that playbook is copying WebOS.So I think they released the Playbook so it would seem like they weren't copying WebOS.Take a look at this Playbook commercial and how they state that it can handle all those task at the same time.Sounds familair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL78qcKqd38&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So my question is how should HPalm make a commercial against this particular Tablet?
    Last edited by prethadd81; 05/08/2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Should be easy enough to show the Palm Pre first, then show it in "tablet form".

Tah-dah!

"Best of CES 2009.. the Palm Pre" etc. etc.
    Yeah I had to LOL with that last line "why can't every tablet do that"
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If you're going to spend money on a commercial that is targeted at a particular competitor, you will usually get more bang for your buck if you target the one that has 75% of the market. Targeting a device with probably less than 3% market share probably isn't a good allocation of resources.
    In general, I agree w/you, but perhaps they see HP as a future strong competitor in this field?

I also don't think they consider the market as Pads only. I think they consider it the ecosystem which includes phones & the OS. They may be trying to protect their turf in terms of OS & the RIM Brand, by trying to prevent a big bang entry by HP.

I have no illusions that HP will immediately effect Apple's ecosystem (I hope a bit), but I do think it has the ability to impact that of BB/RIM.
    when I buy electronics, I don't include "first" in my criteria.

I don't care if RIM invented it or copied it. I don't care about first, I care about best fit for my needs.

otherwise I would already have an ipad. Just sayin.
    im thinking about getting a playbook, im tired of waiting for the touchpad and if my company will allow me to get my work email on the playbook then I am sold. I getting really frustrated with HP..
    There's no native e-mail app on the playbook - you would need a blackberry phone to use the bridge.

Just a FYI
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If you're going to spend money on a commercial that is targeted at a particular competitor, you will usually get more bang for your buck if you target the one that has 75% of the market. Targeting a device with probably less than 3% market share probably isn't a good allocation of resources.
    they don't have to focus on the playbook 100% but I would like to see something bringing attention to the playbook copying webOS.You can see the differences in OS with the TP and Ipad.But you can't see that with WebOS and the playbooks OS just from a commercial.
    The blackberry playbook tablet ads read

"The Blackberry Playbook is here."

I think it should continue:

"The Blackberry Playbook is here.... without contacts support, email support, calendar support, task support, corporate connection support, video chat support, and even more absolutely necessary apps for professionals missing! Get YOURS today!"

Just sayin......
    I don't think HP should mention the competition at all. A product that doesn't sell on it's own is a product destined to fail.