Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    They will begin advertising "in the coming months."

Off the top of my head, they had countdown commercials for the Verizon iPhone 4 before it was released.
    It was already released on another carrier. Verizon was doing the "coming soon" ads to build anticipation for a product that was already shipping.

If the Veer was already on another carrier, HP or AT&T might do that. But in this case, I think it will be advertised after launch.
    Cannes festival

It is starting...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2958057
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, let's take a cue from a company that has had some success marketing both smartphones and tablets, shall we? From what I can recall, I don't see a lot of combo ads for iPhones and iPads. They seem to be marketed separately.
    When the iPad was announced, though, Apple did run commercials that said "And you already know how to use it."
    I believe a bundle package of the pre3 and TP would work. The key to advertising them together would be to showcase the advantages a consumer gains by having the two devices communicate with each other via Bluetooth. The TP and pre3 allows the convenience of being able to take text messages and video calling from your phone to your TP. More importantly, how webOS Synergy allows continuous access to one live contact list (with your tablet or phone) and the ability to communicate with them without wires or manually syncing devices together through 3rd party software or your computer.

I keep hearing how people think most people would not buy these two devices together, well let me state "I would” and will when they are both available for purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, let's take a cue from a company that has had some success marketing both smartphones and tablets, shall we? From what I can recall, I don't see a lot of combo ads for iPhones and iPads. They seem to be marketed separately.
    When the iPad was announced, though, Apple did run commercials that said "And you already know how to use it."
    You've tried to make the argument about bundles a bunch of times in this thread but this last comment really does not make sense. If it were true there is only one way to market electronics successfully, a lot of people in the billion dollar electronics marketing industry would be out of jobs.
    On the contrary, I can see that providing a cheap under $100 Veer type small full featured phone with ability to buy 3G "on demand" for either device could prove very appealing; people drop more on their bluetooth headsets and other tablet accessories.
    I guess I thought that the Touch To Share feature would be used best by owning both the Touch Pad and Pre3 but maybe it will be just as useful with only one or the other!

Silly me!
    There is a high profile golf tournament next week called the HP Byron Nelson Championship. Maybe HP will start the ad blitz at an event where they have already bought commercial time through their sponsorship. Usually almost every commercial break will feature the sponsor.
    Look at HP.com its on their front page now. The special date I think it will start is directly related with the day it will be released so its kind of hard to guess right now.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Ad's i think will come just before the touchpad is about to come out. by just before i mean a few weeks.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    A month to its release without adds, HP is crazy and they hope a tablet that people dont even know it existed would beat the iPad
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    As I recall, the enormous Droid campaign, which was handled very well, was all about creating hype before the product was launched. Motorola has done an awesome job of handling their products before and after launch and creating a buzz. I remember when the og Droid was coming out and of course we all knew what it was but it was funny hearing all of the people who don't follow tech so interested in it. I think the Droid campaign was largely responsible for androids initial push to success.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well I apologize about it not being Motorola but I still think you understand the point. It put the word Droid in everyone's mouths. I mean hell, people still ask me if my evolution is a "Droid." The point I'm trying to make is pushing something simple to make everyone at least think about will get your average person talking about the device and that's what we need. Palm has already won most of us over, we want to see the adoption rate soar and what better way than to get your average p
    erson creating watercooler talk about the devices and operating system
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    The front page of Precentral finally has a Google ad for the touchpad, so that's refreshing. Hopefully it'll stay that way and quit showing the competition.
    I didn't get to watch all of the golf tournament, but from the little bit I did watch, nothing in the way of new adds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12